1911 PICS---please add yours

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Metro Arms American Classic II: Extended slide release, extended safety, lightened & adjustable trigger, beavertail, memory bump on grip safety, flat mainspring housing, commander-style hammer, Novak style sights, front slide serrations, Colt grips, lowered ejection port, polished feed ramp, 8 round Wilson Combat magazine.

DSC_0231.jpg

Colt MK IV/Series 70 Gold Cup National Match (with its' little cousin, the Sig p238 .380, modeled after the Colt Mustang which itself was a downsized model of a 1911): Colt Pachmayr wrap-around grips, Pachmayr flat mainspring housing, adjustable trigger, match sights, extended slide release.

Sig Colt 3.jpg

Last edited:

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Next to revolvers, 1911s are my favorite pistols. Here are a few from my gun safe. Stainless Colt Mk IV series 80 with a few upgrades Wilson beavertail, trigger and straight checkered mainspring housing, Colt (Walther / Umarex) Gold Cup Trophy .22 and my favorite a Colt 1991 A1 with many upgrades Wilson hammer, sear and beavertail, checkered straight mainspring housing with Wilson springs, extended safety and adjustable trigger and the X-grips extender that lets me use full size 8 round Wilson Combat mags and gives a much better grip.
    PICT0002.jpgPICT0006.jpgPICT0009.jpgPICT0012.jpg
    The last picture is of my collection of airsoft 1911s most are gas blowback full metal ones and are very cool to shoot in the house. Starting from the 12 o` clock position they are a Tanfoglio Witness 1911, Smith And Wesson SW1911, Colt MK IV series 80, Colt MK IV series 70 in shiny nickel, Novak Next 1911 with mock suppressor, Detonics 45, Colt 1991 A1 compact very similar to my real one and a Colt Govt. G.I. model. These are low cost alternatives to owning the real thing. Fully licensed and trademarked the GBB ones weigh almost what the real ones do and the blowback produces a pretty decent kick as well. They will put 15 bbs in about 2 in. at 15 to 20 feet as fast as you can pull the trigger.

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    This was my Grandfather’s 1911 model of, production date 1917. It was issued to hem while he was in the US Army during the First World War. My mother gave it to me in 1980. I retired it in 2000 when I bought my Sig.P220-45 I still drag it out sometimes when I dress up.

Wolf

Awesome!

damienph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Kansas Flint Hills
    One more pic of my Kimber Custom; pretty much stock except for complete set of Wolff springs, Ahrends (I think) cocobolo full checker grips, Colt arched MSH, Ed Brown GI type recoil spring plug and guide.

PA152101.jpg

Top Bottom