1st Ammendment violation?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    If you're going to be yelling hellfire and brimstone at people on Bourbon St. with a bullhorn, don't be surprised if NOPD tells you to stop. If, instead, you decide that it is a good idea to voice your opposition to their suggestion by yelling at them with your bullhorn, don't be surprised that you end up cuffed and stuffed. :rolleyes:

There are always three sides to every story, and you now have two of them.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    The 1st doesn't say that you can say anything any time and anywhere - only that you *can* say it. The people arrested were not forbidden from voicing their message. They could say it 10 feet away from the proscribed places.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Southern Decadence, is that the one where men have been known to bugger one another in plain view in public? Thought that was against the law, too.

Forgot, Sodomites are a protected class, Christians aren't.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    You really think that they allow people to have sex in the street during southern decadence??!?!?!?! That is against the law... Peacefully having a parade while people scream hate speech at you is a bit different. Different topic for a different thread though.

It looks like these people were just peacefully trying to spread their faith but the police were just enforcing the law. Don't like the law? Write politicians to change it. Don't blame those who are just paid to enforce it :dunno:

The ordinance prohibits "any person or group of persons to loiter or congregate on Bourbon Street for the purpose of disseminating any social, political or religious message between the hours of sunset and sunrise."

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I think the best way to stop this commotion is to ban Storms from New Orleans.

lol, I was waiting for that. But, seriously, is his eyewitness account any less valid than that of the long time gay activist quoted in the "hate speech" article. :dunno:

I've been Buffer Zone jonesing, lately. You?

Last edited:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    lol, I was waiting for that. But, seriously, is his eyewitness account any less valid than that of the long time gay activist quoted in the "hate speech" article. :dunno:

I've been Buffer Zone jonesing, lately. You?

Boy, howdy! I haven't been shooting since they closed the darned thing. I have a Yugo AK sitting in my shop press waiting for me to crush the center support rivet, but other projects keep popping up (and a hurricane).

I'm not serious about banning the dude, but New Orleans would prefer to have a fun festival that brings in $96 million than a fire-eating preacher with a small following. We just don't have as much anger as he does.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom