2013 Nick's PPC competition

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwsonar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Lockport
    Nicks is the perfect place to learn the fundamentals. The par times are very generous, not sure what stage you looked at but he would not have three targets with six rounds each in six seconds. He requires a reload after every six shots.
    It was 3 targets, 2 rounds each. Still above my level.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Come shoot and do the best you can. It doesn't matter if you don't get off all your shots. I go to have fun and do the best that I can, I don't care what everybody else shoots. And the better shooters will be more than happy to help you get better.

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA

You would be suprised to see what you can do when you try it. Also, because each shooter is classified, you are actually shooting against people in your class.

I see you are from Lockport. The Wed. night matches in Thibodaux are basically the same format except the pay outs are not as good and there is no end of the season Championship match.

I would be glad to coach you if needed

Last edited:

dwsonar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Lockport
    I just went to the Terrebonne range to see if I can be quicker. They had a class going, so couldn't shoot. I'm going to try to come watch tomorrow.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I'll be there tomorrow, sighted in and decided to shoot my single stack 9mm today. Looking forward to a new season, and hopefully this year I can shoot Nicks match more. I think I was only able to make 10 matches last year, and 3 USPSA matches. I'll have some extra guns and holsters with me if a newbie needs some equipment to try the match.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    If you want to watch, you can go to Southern Shooting Center in Thibodaux tomorrow. Cajun Action Shooters has a match at 9 am. Would probably be closer than Nicks.

Laid Back

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Livingston Parish
    That's one stage of one match. I couldn't do that the first time I tried either. Like I said in my first post...if you want to compete, become a better shooter, or just plain have fun shooting, there's no better place to start than Nicks that I've found. Suggestion...I watched my first match, I was kicking myself for not shooting it. People will help you.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Sucked that I had a jam on first stage that cost me 60 points, other than that I had a good time..rusty on the reloads too, need to practice at home to nail the reload. Todd your reload times looked good.

dwsonar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Lockport
    Well, I was late, but I made it there today. Got to watch the masters for a little bit. It does look like fun. I guess I'll have to give it a try.
    Wish I would have been earlier to see the novice class, but I did get a feel for it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom