2013 Panic Finds (Post Gun, Mag, Ammo and Parts Finds Here)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Then the kicker, this little ole guy walks up with undoubtedly his grandson, looking for 22lr. AS they were walking up, I heard him saying that they were gonna pick up a box of 22 and go back to the house and shoot targets. The little boy was super excited up until they realized that there were NO 22lr to be found anywhere.
    To make this all too common story short, I walked them out to my truck where I had an old 50rd box of Thunderbolt and gave it to the boy.

For payment, I asked the boy if he knew how to email and gave him my email address.
    I told him no matter how good or bad it looked to email me a picture of his target when he finished.
    Ill post it when/if it shows up.

Good man :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    ....Then the kicker, this little ole guy walks up with undoubtedly his grandson, looking for 22lr. AS they were walking up, I heard him saying that they were gonna pick up a box of 22 and go back to the house and shoot targets. The little boy was super excited up until they realized that there were NO 22lr to be found anywhere.
    To make this all too common story short, I walked them out to my truck where I had an old 50rd box of Thunderbolt and gave it to the boy.

For payment, I asked the boy if he knew how to email and gave him my email address.
    I told him no matter how good or bad it looked to email me a picture of his target when he finished.

That old bastard and the brat just pulled the same scam on me at Academy! They just got me for two bricks of 22LR!

Just kidding! Good on you bro! I would have done the same.

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Thanks guys and I surely wasn't looking for the attention. But If I inspired a few people at the same time then I got more than I bargained for .
    This was totally spur of the moment............ Just one of those feel good things.
    Now that I have your attention.........I need to squeeze this in .............So DO NOT respond here. Im already hijacking this thread.
    Im looking to hire 2 people. 1 male and 1 female.
    I am gonna be loosing 2 of my favorites. They are moving to Texas with her family at the end of the school year.
    Looking for Service advisors hopefully with some automotive experience.
    Mainly I am looking for people I can trust............I can teach everything else needed.
    People with sales personalities that know how to get along with anyone. know how to read their customers, and know how to Listen to
    others to make sure they are fulfulling their customers expectations. People that never say "Thats NOT my job"!

email me any type of resume. Doesn't have to be professional. Yes Its confidential, but I would like references
    vince@LNSauto.com

goose225pa

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    port allen la
    So I made my usual stop at Bass Pro. I am amazed at how many people still do not have a clue what's going on.
    I honestly heard 3 middle aged guys telling their wives in amazement how they just went into the Gun/ammo section and there is nothing.
    All 3 were saying that all they needed was a box of 380 and 22, and when the bass pro employee told them it has been months and may be months before
    the shelves are full again, they just could not believe what they were being told.

Then the kicker, this little ole guy walks up with undoubtedly his grandson, looking for 22lr. AS they were walking up, I heard him saying that they were gonna pick up a box of 22 and go back to the house and shoot targets. The little boy was super excited up until they realized that there were NO 22lr to be found anywhere.

That was nice of you Vince!!! My boss asked me about a week ago about .22 ammo and was in shock at what I told him about the shelf life of ammo!!!. It is almost one of those things you have to see for yourself. Hope things pick back up for everyone! Seems like a child should be able to go to any Walmart with dad and grab .22 all day. Hope things get back right for all gun owners!!

lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    I go on night shift tomorrow so I will be able to check out academy in slidell every morning. From what I hear they get shipments in every Mon, Wed, and Fri at 8. Guess I'll be that weird guy that shows up on those days.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I go on night shift tomorrow so I will be able to check out academy in slidell every morning. From what I hear they get shipments in every Mon, Wed, and Fri at 8. Guess I'll be that weird guy that shows up on those days.
    That's the days I was told. And Academy Covington supposedly gets deliveries Monday through Thursdays. I'm at work at 8 each morning and it's not worth the lost pay to go in late just to get a single 50 round box of .22lr or 9mm. Might be worth it if I knew for sure they had some of the 500 plus boxes of .22lr. Good luck though.

lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    That's the days I was told. And Academy Covington supposedly gets deliveries Monday through Thursdays. I'm at work at 8 each morning and it's not worth the lost pay to go in late just to get a single 50 round box of .22lr or 9mm. Might be worth it if I knew for sure they had some of the 500 plus boxes of .22lr. Good luck though.

I hear ya. I'll be dropping my son off at school and will be right down the road from the academy in slidell. I might as well stop.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Cabela's site shows Blackhawk AR-15, 40 round mags in stock, item IK-231507 $29.99. I'm not an AR guy so I don't know if that's a good price or not.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom