2013 Panic Finds (Post Gun, Mag, Ammo and Parts Finds Here)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    My issue is that after you add the freight it's just not worth it for one box. The last time they were available last month the wife and I each ordered and recieved 5 boxes which makes the shipping more palatable. What did they charge for shipping just 1 box?
    shipping to the store is free

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    My issue is that after you add the freight it's just not worth it for one box. The last time they were available last month the wife and I each ordered and recieved 5 boxes which makes the shipping more palatable. What did they charge for shipping just 1 box?

It was only $5 ahipping and $1 tax for me. It came out to $30 a box which was 6 cents a round. Cabelas is not like the others charging $15 for a single box of .22 which was acceptable for me. I always break the price down to cents per round with shipping and tax if it's there before I buy.

Last edited:

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    It was only $5 ahipping and $1 tax for me. It came out to $30 a box which was 6 cents a round. Cabelas is not like the others charging $15 for a single box of .22 which was acceptable for me. I always break the price down to cents per round with shipping and tax if it's there before I buy.

Awe meh ya...Same price for me too..out here in the woods:}

Heck I can't drive to town and back in my 98 GMC let known to Cabellas and back for $5.00

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Ive probably saved $200 using that $5 offer just since the beginning of February.

It started before Christmas if I remember right... Great discount, especially since it seems like everyone else charges $8 plus for shipping nowadays. And prices at the Bass Pro in Bossier are generally higher than cabelas' retail + shipping anyway.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS

Yea, I never want to hear another complaint about "big box stores" after this dies down. Academy, Cabelas, BassPro (who were always a little pricey). They kept their prices the same on guns and ammo while most of the smaller stores and internet retailers doubled theirs. Guys like Midway and PSA being the exceptions, and who I will be buying from exclusively for now on. There might already be a thread for it, but it would be nice to have a list of retailers who didn't raise prices during all this panic.

To stay on topic, Cabelas still has bulk .40 S&W available. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoo..._b3fbba81&WT.mc_id=al35987&rid=12&WT.tsrc=AFF

And PSA has 175rnds of buck shot for $130. http://www.slickguns.com/product/federal-12ga-00buck-9-pellets-175rds-9999

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Yea, I never want to hear another complaint about "big box stores" after this dies down. Academy, Cabelas, BassPro (who were always a little pricey). They kept their prices the same on guns and ammo while most of the smaller stores and internet retailers doubled theirs. Guys like Midway and PSA being the exceptions, and who I will be buying from exclusively for now on. There might already be a thread for it, but it would be nice to have a list of retailers who didn't raise prices during all this panic.

To stay on topic, Cabelas still has bulk .40 S&W available. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoo..._b3fbba81&WT.mc_id=al35987&rid=12&WT.tsrc=AFF

And PSA has 175rnds of buck shot for $130. http://www.slickguns.com/product/federal-12ga-00buck-9-pellets-175rds-9999
    I disagree with that statement. Ammo has went up at all these locations by as much as 60 percent. Cabelas was selling .223 ammo for 12.99 a box in February.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom