2013 Panic Finds (Post Gun, Mag, Ammo and Parts Finds Here)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I've been to Wal-Mart and Academy locations from Covington to Houma within the last week. It looks to me like the ammo situation is getting a little bit better. Yes, you will have to make it out to the stores when the open up since most items are flying off the shelves within the first few minutes that they start selling it.

As far as Academy goes, I have been noticing .357, .38 special, and others that they have not been limiting purchases on. I've seen lots of Academy's Monarch brand available too. Last week I watched as the line in front of me bought up all the 9mm WWB. Three people in front of me passed on the 50 round boxes of Monarch that was left. I bought my one box and hung around for about 30 minutes. When I left, it looked like the stack of monarch wasn't even touched. I know it's not the best stuff but if you're looking for rounds to shoot at the range it's better than nothing.

Wal-Mart has been hit or miss. I bought three 100 round boxes of Federal 12 gauge in Boutte just to have. They were $5 cheaper per box compared to the Wal-Mart in Covington. They won't match prices between Wal-Mart locations since they are not in competition with themselves.

I stopped in at the Wal-Mart in Raceland today just after 12 noon and they had a black box full of ammo that "they just got in". I don't think they just got it in at 12 noon, but whatever. I waited for them to check it in and left with three boxes of .22lr, 550 rounds each. What I found interesting was that the three employees behind the counter acted as if they didn't want anyone to know that they had any ammo available. Myself and other customers stood there for ten minutes while this one woman acted like she had other things to do. She finally looked up and said to everyone that she wasn't sure when she would have time to check it in and that she couldn't sell anything until it was placed on the shelf behind the locked glass. Everyone told her that they could wait, which pissed her off even more. Knowing that the 10 boxes of .22lr was going to be sold right away, they still put it in the glass case and locked it. Morons. I sat there and watched as literally everything that she unpacked and locked up was just taken out minutes later and sold.

Other Wal-Marts seemed to be getting in cases of ammo rather than just the one or two boxes like they were receiving a month ago.

Anyway, I guess my point is that the ammo situation looks like it's getting somewhat better. By that, I mean it seems like Wal-Mart and Academy at least, are getting larger shipments. It still isn't enough to feed everyone's appetite, but it's something.

Good luck to everyone with the hunt.

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    Opelousas Walmart both good and bad experience; stopped on way home from work and they had Tulammo 7.62 x 39 for $5.17 per box of 20(which I can use but wasn't my reason for stopping ) but the .223 spot on the shelf was bare. Went ahead and bought the 7.62 which seller tells me is limited to 3 boxes total of ammo pet customer per day. Then when I ask when are they ever gonna get Tulammo .223 in as they haven't had any there when I've checked in 3 months she says we have some that came in last night but didn't put it on shelf. I tell her I want that instead( my real reason for being there) she tells me I can't just swap them and pay the difference( 10 cents per box) that ill have to go to customer service wait in line get a refund and then come back to get the .223, all because of Walmarts asinine rule. Needless to say I was pissed to have to waste more time but did this anyway . Got the refund and on the way to sporting goods met a coworker who volunteered to buy the 7.62 for me after I got the .223...result is I got 3 boxes of each but only after playing along with their stupid limit policy and lucking out that I ran into a buddy there who could help me put. So tired of this gun control BS it is getting so frustrating to even get a little ammo to go to the range :(

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Opelousas Walmart both good and bad experience; stopped on way home from work and they had Tulammo 7.62 x 39 for $5.17 per box of 20(which I can use but wasn't my reason for stopping ) but the .223 spot on the shelf was bare. Went ahead and bought the 7.62 which seller tells me is limited to 3 boxes total of ammo pet customer per day. Then when I ask when are they ever gonna get Tulammo .223 in as they haven't had any there when I've checked in 3 months she says we have some that came in last night but didn't put it on shelf. I tell her I want that instead( my real reason for being there) she tells me I can't just swap them and pay the difference( 10 cents per box) that ill have to go to customer service wait in line get a refund and then come back to get the .223, all because of Walmarts asinine rule. Needless to say I was pissed to have to waste more time but did this anyway . Got the refund and on the way to sporting goods met a coworker who volunteered to buy the 7.62 for me after I got the .223...result is I got 3 boxes of each but only after playing along with their stupid limit policy and lucking out that I ran into a buddy there who could help me put. So tired of this gun control BS it is getting so frustrating to even get a little ammo to go to the range :(

That is their policy for everything can't blame the cashier.

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    Not blaming the cashier for that, just think its a stupid company policy to have a 3 box limit per customer per day while at the same time not putting out the stock so customers don't know if you have something or not. Add to the fact that I was in a hurry and I couldn't pay the difference and go so I ended up having to waste more time jumping through hoops just to be able to get what caliber I went there for in the first place. Personally I'm surprised she even knew or acknowledged that they had some since it was on the floor behind the counter in a box with more stuff stacked on top of it plus Opelousas WM doesn't seem to have a plethora of intelligent or knowledgeable workers there if you get my drift ;)

Last edited:

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    I am surprised they let you return ammo for a refund.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    FYI: placed an order around December 21st or so from Brownells for 10 magpul 30 round mags...just received an email saying my order has shipped.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    College Walmart at lunch had a decent amount of .243, 7mm Mag, 12 ga and Winchester 5.56 FMJ for $12.97 (about 12 - 15 boxes)

3 box limit there.

Last edited:

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Not blaming the cashier for that, just think its a stupid company policy to have a 3 box limit per customer per day while at the same time not putting out the stock so customers don't know if you have something or not. Add to the fact that I was in a hurry and I couldn't pay the difference and go so I ended up having to waste more time jumping through hoops just to be able to get what caliber I went there for in the first place. Personally I'm surprised she even knew or acknowledged that they had some since it was on the floor behind the counter in a box with more stuff stacked on top of it plus Opelousas WM doesn't seem to have a plethora of intelligent or knowledgeable workers there if you get my drift ;)

Working at WM myself I can agree on the lack of intelligent workers... I work in Wireless, not sporting goods, but know more about the ammo, and guns behind the counter then the people that are paid to be behind it... but the Covingotn Walmart is on a complete hiring freeze... I am not quitting becasue it will make others peoples life there even harder... as they cant replace me... hate being a nice guy...

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Academy in Slidell has 3, 250 round boxes of Remington UMC behind customer service as of five minutes ago. Amazing that it was still there this late in the day. $69.99. I got mine, now get yours before they're gone.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Academy in Slidell has 3, 250 round boxes of Remington UMC behind customer service as of five minutes ago. Amazing that it was still there this late in the day. $69.99. I got mine, now get yours before they're gone.

9mm?

gregh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    in Abbeville walmart right now they have 2 AR-15 style 22's for 497.00 each. also had a Beretta CX Storm 9mm rifle for 897.00. no ammo of course...

the 22's were both SIIG's

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mmabone
    Top Bottom