2015 Mustang 5.0 question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    So skip all the fancy options and x plan it.

I imagine if there's a 14 left, it's probably some weird option or something making it undesired. They shut the line down for retool in June.

I will go see what can be done on a 15 with the options I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I will go see what can be done on a 15 with the options I want.

Not sure where you are at, but where I got my LE from usually will help you out. Especially if you special order (it helps increase their allotment next year). All star ford in prairieville. Parnell is salesman.

I know people all have opinions and some people have had unpleasant experiences with them, but they've done me right for years. Even on this car.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Not sure where you are at, but where I got my LE from usually will help you out. Especially if you special order (it helps increase their allotment next year). All star ford in prairieville. Parnell is salesman.

I know people all have opinions and some people have had unpleasant experiences with them, but they've done me right for years. Even on this car.

I will talk to him. Thanks for the info.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    The yellow one was out front Tuesday but didn't see it yesterday or today.

That yellow is sexy (except for the ugly ass black PP wheels). So is the magnetic that the OP's friend bought (she had to wipe my fluids off the seat I'm sure, I checked it out and thought very hard about getting it instead). I need to figure out how to afford two...

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    V6 is only 300hp. And like him, I would have a ecoboost 4 before a v6, but I would also save money. A gt isn't that much more lol

Same here, was just sayin' lol.

Have you seen the initial info on ecobeasts? SCT and Bama Re-tunes pushing 60-80hp and 60-70 torque - before bolt ons. I genuinely think that this turbo stang will be a street legend in decades to come... presuming it endures the force fed power for any length of time.

The sound though... :puke:

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Joey I swapped shifts with someone and ended up on nights this week, I still wanna see that car though!

As soon as a few rebates come down the pipe, an ecoboost auto could be in our future. 12.8 with a tune and sticky tires... same power as my 01 Bullitt (may she rest in peace), stock out of 2.3 liters, amazing.

It will depend on how bad the auto transmission is, or if a tune will liven it up. I'd prefer a manual and the wife can drive one fine, but she has a ton of traffic on her commute and knee problems so auto is best. Our current GTI has a Direct Shift Gearbox which is an automated dual clutch manual, it is amazing. Lightning upshifts, intelligent downshifts, and makes some cool noises. If the 'stangs conventional auto can't compete, we'll end up with another GTI. (which can also run 12's with tuning)

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    So uh, lets talk about serious stuff.

Anyone else adjusting their boner after seeing the cobra?

Cool but not interested. I want a loaded car. Not a stripped down street legal race car. It'll
    be cool to see what ford does with the platform for sure but it's just not for me.

C, that's cool man. Holla at me whenever. It ain't going no where a long time. I really like this car. I'm going to try to get up early tomorrow and go to the show at Robinson brothers. 10 am to 1 pm but I'll prolly be 1030-1100.

The auto I have is nice. It is a bit sluggish but the car still pulls during shift. I'd rather it be a little harder. Already looking at having that tuned out. That's the beauty of it. The shift feel can be changed easily by a tuner.

au01st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Alexandria, LA
    amusingly, this would show tail lights to a 2010 v8 gt.

Haha, loving my V6. It still has the stigma attached to the old Mustang V6, but it definitely isn't the same. I'm already contemplating spending my bonus check this spring on a Procharger which would upgrade to aroudn 420 rwhp, all while keeping my gas mileage good and insurance low.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Haha, loving my V6. It still has the stigma attached to the old Mustang V6, but it definitely isn't the same. I'm already contemplating spending my bonus check this spring on a Procharger which would upgrade to aroudn 420 rwhp, all while keeping my gas mileage good and insurance low.
    They are much better balanced than the v8 cars.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    They are much better balanced than the v8 cars.

The 14 v6 weight distribution is 54/46 (f/r).

The 14 gt weight distribution is *gasp* 54/46 (f/r)!!!

Imagine that.

I don't know where you got your information, but you are wrong. Or did you bother researching and just assume?

The Shelby had a larger disparity (57/43), and convertibles changed that balance also. But coupe for coupe gt to v6, due to the position of the motor, there isn't any difference. Any "feel" is due to different spring rates and shock valving.

And just fyi, the 2015 mustang gt is 53/47.

I don't think there's a single person on this site that could drive a 310 hp ecoboost faster than a gt around any track because it's 1% is shifted forward.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    amusingly, this would show tail lights to a 2010 v8 gt.

It wouldn't be a run away and hide, but it should at least scare the dickens out of a gt, stock for stock. I've never been a fan of the 4.6's, although the 3v was a great advancement over the 2v's. But the 11 TiVCT motors (both v6 and v8) are a huge step forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom