204s

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wkgordon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2010
    Gonzales
    Just got a new Cooper to add a to the 204 stable. Was forced to get a scope for it also. ;)

Posted a picture of the 204s. Not able to shoot the Cooper yet since we have a tropical storm sitting on top of us all weekend. Using this time to work up some loads for testing when I do get the chance.

204ssmall.jpg

cottonmouth

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Monroe, LA
    nice guns! I've been thinking about one of these as an excuse to buy a new varmint rifle. I use a .17hmr for beavers, nutria rats, and armadillos and it works wonders but I've been wanting a new gun for coyotes for a while now. I have a .223 but I've been itching to get my hands on a .204 since I shot one at a friends house, and later watched him knock a crow out of the sky with it. :rockon:

wkgordon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2010
    Gonzales
    Cottonmouth,

I also have a Savage 17 hmr, they are a blast to shoot.

Got a Pride Fowler Rapid Reticle 17 HMR Rifle Scope to put on it. Haven't had a chance to see if the scope lives up to the promises. Supposed to have the reticle calibrated for the 17 trajectory. The reticle is in the first focal plane so it should be accurate regardless of the power setting. This is a 3x9 scope, will try to get to the range in the next few weeks and see if it performs well.

Kirk

wkgordon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2010
    Gonzales
    Sundays best 5 shot group. Loaded up some Midway Dogtowns to fire form new brass. Cheap bullets and a light load of 25.5 grains Benchmark. Was pretty pleased with a load that was intended to form the brass. Had a lot of fun at the LPSO range.

SBKfireformload.jpg
    [/IMG]

Top Bottom