22 LR Pistol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    I like the Mk I & IIs. Had a MKIII 22/45 and just got rid of it. Was very picky about ammo and just kind of uninteresting. Next one I get will be the Ruger Hunter model.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    BrowningBuckmarkCamper.jpg

Browning Buckmars Camper in stainless, with custom grips. Love this pistol!

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Tx, I have a Buckmark and a Ruger Mark III, both are great shooters. They both with ftf with the wrong ammo.
    If you want a go bang every time, super accurate and a sweet trigger, get the Ruger Single Six. A S&W 17 would be
    my second choice.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have a Ruger mark 1 my dad bought in the 50's. Nearly 60 years later it's still eating everything in sight. Today, I would look for a mark II. I don't really care for the mark III's.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    My wife has the mark III and I the buckmark hunter they are both fine guns you are better off putting in trigger time with a few different ones before making up your mind but the hard part will be finding ammo for them at the moment.

acman1997

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    my brother has a p22 and has nothing but problems. Also read this alot so i agree with the other guys about staying away from the walther. I am also in the market for a 22 pistol for my son to shoot at the range. He's smaller so after research i ordered a ruger sr22. Any of you guys have any personal experience with the sr22 let me know. I just did alot of research and thats what i picked. the m and p 22 seems to have good reviews also but is full frame size so i went with the ruger for my son. will also be ordering a buckmark or mark 3 for myself soon.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    my brother has a p22 and has nothing but problems. Also read this alot so i agree with the other guys about staying away from the walther. I am also in the market for a 22 pistol for my son to shoot at the range. He's smaller so after research i ordered a ruger sr22. Any of you guys have any personal experience with the sr22 let me know. I just did alot of research and thats what i picked. the m and p 22 seems to have good reviews also but is full frame size so i went with the ruger for my son. will also be ordering a buckmark or mark 3 for myself soon.

I've had a SR22 for about 6 months now, it ran fine right out of the box, no problems with Federal or Winchester 525 value packs

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Was at the academy on siegan earlier, they had a m&p 22, think it was $379.Also had a couple of really nice looking 1911 .22s for 400, believe they were sig. Anyone know anything about these? 1 of them was just plain gorgeous!

Mr. Rey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Prairieville, La.
    I went to the range and shot the Ruger SR 22 was very good shooting gun. No problems after 400 rounds with Remington's Thunderbolt ammo. Was very pleased. I thank all for the info and God Bless.

acman1997

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Thanks Danny! hope the family likes the new addition. cant wait to get it and run some rounds through it with the kiddos!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom