.22 Success, MUST USE Slickguns!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Here's why using Slickguns is(may be) more beneficial than just searching the various sites.

Plus I have a question maybe someone can answer.

I was able to use Slickguns to get a .22 550 Bulk Pack for a decent price.

I haven't really been searching for .22.
    I do see and hear of deals but never jump on them b/c I don't really need .22(if that's really possible)

Anyway I saw the 550 Federal Bulk Pack(like used to be in Wal-mart) pop up for $23 (0.04 per/rnd)

I clicked on the Slickguns link, which took me straight to Cabela's with 1 in my cart. 1 box limit.
    Entered my Card info and hit submit. Deal went through and 24 hours later I got a UPS Tracking Number.
    It's already had 3 scans on it, departing out of CO and on it's way. I assuming it's LEGIT now lol, I had my doubts until it shipped, read on.

However;
    The whole time I was looking at the product and going through with the purchase it said 'In Stock'.
    BUT if you searched for it via Cabela's, it said 'Out of Stock'. In fact if you just looked at rimfire ammo on Cabela's,
    it only showed 3 brands. 2, 17 HMR and that Tac ammo or something like that.

Anyway, somehow this wasn't showing up as In Stock directly on their site, but if you used the slickguns link it was.

Can anyone explain this? and how did the person @ Slickguns who posted the deal know about the deal?

Anyone? Thanks.

I may even have to post a picture of it when it comes in to believe it actually happen :mamoru:

At this point I can say they're defintely shipping me SOMETHING! :D

379ga986mlcqtf4ob8t.jpg

/

Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I've noticed the same thing. Sometimes if you clear your cache or browser history you can find the ammo you're looking for on Cabela's site. I check not only their site but also slickguns and other sites. Not sure where the poster on slickguns gets the link to post butI'm glad he/she posts it. It's the only way to get some item in your cart sometimes.

On another note, I was near Wal-Mart in Covington this morning and scored three 100 round boxes of Winchester SuperX .22 rounds. They got one box or 20 in and had 9 of them sold after I bought mine at 7:05.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Clear your cache and you should be good. As I understand it, your browser is storing part of the page.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    My experience is these bulk packs slick guns lists generally sell out within 10 minutes of the email going out. Did you check cabelas after ordering? You may have got the last bulk pack. Either way, slick guns alerts is the way to go. Heck of alot easier than browsing from site to site searching for the stuff.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    My experience is these bulk packs slick guns lists generally sell out within 10 minutes of the email going out. Did you check cabelas after ordering? You may have got the last bulk pack. Either way, slick guns alerts is the way to go. Heck of alot easier than browsing from site to site searching for the stuff.

A few minutes after ordering I went back to SlickGuns and they had the big "SOLD OUT" in red across the Fed. Box deal.

WeldonHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Weldon, LA
    The reason you can't find deals like this on a vendor's site in some cases is because they're in a hidden part of the site only accessible by the link you're using which has referral or affiliate information in the link to tell the vendor where it came from so a commission can be paid to who originally supplied/posted it. Sometimes they have a persons name in the link or numbers linked to an account with the letters "AFF" here's an example. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoo..._d5f4a849&WT.mc_id=al35987&rid=12&WT.tsrc=AFF

Everything after "uts" from the "?" on in that link is not needed to get to the same page. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoo...c/104536080/CCI-Blazer-22-LR-Ammo/1804618.uts Same link with all the extra info. stripped out. Not all affiliate links are like this. With some just the link in itself is the affiliate info. because it was only issued to one place/person through a proprietary deal between the vendor and supplier of the link.

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    I've been pretty lucky with getting various sizes boxes from Cabela's. I started watching one site and just do a quick check during the day while at work and when at home. Keep the phone close when watching the news and just refresh the page here and there. Since Jan. 30th I've scored two 100 ct Remington subsonic boxes, five 50 ct Remington LR HP boxes, one 525 ct box of Remington HP, and last night I ordered a 500 ct CCI Blazer box and a couple more 50 ct Remington boxes. For the 1475 rounds I've ordered through Cabela's I've paid and average price of 0.053 cents per round. That's not bad.

I don't order anything over 6 cents per round. The 525 box was 4 cents per round.

I had three back orders with Midway and I cancelled all of them this morning. I'm getting plenty to keep me stocked for quite awhile.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Ordered a box from cabelas the day after you, my order has yet to be updated. Was in stock when i ordered, used the slickguns link and all.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    a3ajyhet.jpg

I had a....interesting gentleman observing me this morning in my local Walmart waiting for the associate to open the ammo cabinet so I could get a box of shotshells for my snake charmer. I heard him say with authority, "you ain't gonna find no .22 in there" and I did not acknowledge him. After a brief, he repeated himself, a little louder, a little more close.
    I gave him a glance and said, "I don't need any .22"
    So then he asks if I wanna sell him some. "Nope" was my reply.
    The associate showed up about then and saved me from that obnoxious character.
    Nothing like being stalked in the Walmart

Last edited:

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I had a....interesting gentleman observing me this morning in my local Walmart waiting for the associate to open the ammo cabinet so I could get a box of shotshells for my snake charmer. I heard him say with authority, "you ain't gonna find no .22 in there" and I did not acknowledge him. After a brief, he repeated himself, a little louder, a little more close.
    I gave him a glance and said, "I don't need any .22"
    So then he asks if I wanna sell him some. "Nope" was my reply.
    The associate showed up about then and saved me from that obnoxious character.
    Nothing like being stalked in the Walmart

I would have led him away from the counter, looked around, and said "don't tell anyone, but they keep the .22 at the bakery. Just ask for Dave."

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom