300 RUM suppressor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nutz275

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Sunset
    Hey everyone,

I am wanting to pick ya'lls brain and get some info from ya'll. I am wanting to install a suppressor on my 300 RUM.
    My barrel is stainless, so of course I am wanting a stainless one if possible. Not sure what would be a very good one for a magnum. Weight isn't really an issue, due to being that the gun would be shot from a stable position.

A list of brands and shops to check out would be great. I am in the Lafayette area. Also, I would want a treaded model and not QD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

bjb550

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    I'm in Youngsville and I dealt with Lafsnguy who is a site sponsor here on Bayoushooter. He is a FFL out of Lafayette. I went with an Advanced Armament Titan which is a .338 Lapua Magnum can for a build I have being done. The Titan is a titanium can though not stainless. I also put the Titan on my .308 and get great results. Hit Lafsnguy up and see what he can do for you. He deals in more than just AAC cans and may be able to give you more options.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Thanks for the plug. I would imagine any can that's rated for 300 mag would be rated for 300 rum but we would need to make sure with the manufacturer. If you want give me a call and I can get an idea what your looking for and see what we can do

Nutz275

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Sunset
    Thank you for the response. I should have used the word "stainless" better. I would just like a stainless color to match my barrel.

Nutz275

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Sunset
    Actually, all the hardware is black, so a black suppressor would look good also. Would you happen to know if you have to shoot certain ammo to get the best noise dropage?

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    The .300rum is higher pressure than the .300wm so like Lafsnguy said make sure to get the manufacture's ok before putting it on there. Personally, I would go with a .338lm rated can. If you're really concerned about the color of a $1500 suppressor then I'm sure a $50 high temp Cerakote job should be easy to fund.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well subsonic ammo is going to be the quietest but kinda defeats the purpose of a 300 rum. I would imagine any full power 300 rum ammo is going to sound the same.

pwc001

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    You will probably use a mirage cover, so color probably will not matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    All gun shots score in the 160-165db range, with supersonic ammo you will net roughly a 135db with a well made can. Shoot subsonics and you can get it down to the low 120's or less.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    I spoke with a few manufacturers. The only AAC cans rated for 300 rum are the 338 titan cans. The 338 titan ti is direct thread. SWR rates the Specwar 762 for 300 rum but it is qd not threaded like you wanted. Liberty's victory Magnum is rated for 300 rum. The TBAC 338ba is rated for 300 rum but isn't direct thread either. Let me know if you would be interested in any of those.

Thanks

Stuart

Top Bottom