.300BLK Barrel Ideas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Tax stamp mailed, money stockpiling. Time to buy a barrel for my SBR 300.

Noveske is on the list, I've read great things. That whore DAVE_M enlightened me to Ballistic Advantage. Any other suggestions? Looking for 8-9", no longer. This is a high money build, and I do not intend on skimping or "budget building" this.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    The challenge thus far with many brands has been length. Northtech doesn't go down to my desired length yet.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have an 8.2 noveske, my brother the 8.5 noveske and I have a 9 inch AAC. If we ever find a day that would work out for both of us, you are more than welcome to shoot my rifle.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I'm building an SBR w/ short stroke gas piston on a Wilson Combat barrel. I just got it to cycle w/ Super Sonics after playing around with the piston and buffer springs. I was happy with the accuracy of the barrel but for me it is a close in weapon.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    Ballistic advantage has a good rep and is way cheaper than Noveske. Mine is definitely on point so far for accuracy and function. 8" 300 blk ar is friggin awesome.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Been doing a lot of research for a similar build. Settled on an 8.3" Ballistic Advantage Hanson Profile barrel. Based on online and first hand feedback I've received don't think you can beat it for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    For MOST of us, we won't really be able to take advantage of the capabilities of a truly good barrel. Our equipment usually surpasses our own abilities. But at the same time, with the right ammo, and shooting say identical guns with different barrels. That's where the barrels will be most noticeable.

I like noveske products (but his products BEFORE he died). Reason being, John Noveske was a barrel manufacturer, which used to work with Pac-Nor which is a match barrel manufacturer. My 10.5 inch Noveske out shooting my 16 inch Daniel Defense is what won me over. All their other products were outsourced to other machine shops to his specifications.

Would I buy a brand new Noveske barrel? Sure, if I find it for a decent price (300 or below). Would I buy a Ballistic advantage barrel? Sure, same thing, but I wouldn't spend over 130 for one. But if I could find a Noveske barrel for 150 I'd jump all over it.

But those are just two manufacturers. You may want to look into Rainier arms, they've been releasing a lot of barrels lately. Seekins also sells 300blk barrels.

Also remember, the barrel is 1 thing, AMMO is very important. Maybe get the BA barrel, but invest in some good projectiles and a load that can shoot sub MOA.

Top Bottom