.303brit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littlebob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Don't know for sure, All Ammo has all kinds of stuff. Beware of the older stuff as it may have corrosive primers. I have 18rds,some with yellow paint on the tip and probably corrosive I'll give you.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    yeah, he states right up front that it has a corrosive primer. but hey, i don't shoot the old stuff so i don't know how big a deal that is if you clean it right away anyhow. i do buy ammo from that guy so i just looked to see if he had any.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I've had some quality issues w/ the POF stuff. Odd group sizes. A few that didn't sound right. With a few rounds the brass started delaminating. Maybe it was just a coating but I decided not to risk it. That was from a few different boxes. Unfortunately, other than factory stuff, its all I've been able to find lately.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Corrosive primers are a good thing. It means your ammo will go bang 30 years from now when you pull the trigger. Corrosive cleanup is the same as you should do with any ammo. Pour a gallon of hot soapy water down the bore, then dry it patch it, and oil it. Done in 20 minutes.

On the other hand $0.50 per round is getting close to Hornady and Privi Partizan prices, and their brass is reloadable.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom