370Z Got the Axe...Replaced!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    ruy6u1.jpg

5lavmf.jpg

2ep0mdl.jpg

21c6fc.jpg

29omxro.jpg

w7mzxf.jpg

20g1rev.jpg

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Selectable 4x4 or all wheel drive?

All-time all-wheel drive with a selectable 4-low. E-LSDs' front and rear diff. I don't understand all of it, all I know is in 4-low it has insane balls, and normal driving, I can punch it on wet pavement from a dig and it rockets forward with nary a tire squeak.

Wikipedia:
    Quadra-Trac II was introduced in 1999 and it employs a two-speed chain-driven transfer case featuring three modes of operation, "4-All Time", "N" or neutral, and "4-Lo". In "4-All Time", torque is applied to the rear wheels under normal driving conditions. If the rear axle starts rotating at a significantly higher rate than the front axle, hydraulic pressure builds up in the gerotor and causes the clutch pack to progressively transfer torque to the front axle until both axles return to the same speed. "N" or neutral mode is intended for towing the vehicle. In "4-Lo", the front and rear axles are locked together through a 2.72 gear reduction ratio. In 2005 Jeep added traction control and replaced the New Venture Gear NV247 transfer case with the NV245 transfer case.

The Quadra-Drive system was introduced in 1999 and is based on the Quadra-Trac II system but adds limited slip differentials to the front and rear axles to create a four-wheel drive system capable of not only directing torque to the axle with best traction but to the individual wheel on an axle with best traction.

Quadra-Drive II uses the New Venture Gear NV245 transfer case mated to front and rear axles containing electronic limited slip differentials or ELSDs. Jeep added traction control in 2005 and starting in 2011 only a rear ELSD is offered, while the front has an open differential.

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Nice ride man. Any reason you didn't go with the srt version?

I tried talking my fiancé into the srt version of yours but she wouldn't have it over her challenger.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Nice ride man. Any reason you didn't go with the srt version?

I tried talking my fiancé into the srt version of yours but she wouldn't have it over her challenger.
    -16mpg rating by EPA on the highway (will be living 19 miles from work).
    -$8K more on average and trying to modify debt-income ratio for building a house late next year/early '16. (I have lopped $300/mo off my payment/insurance with this compared to the Z).
    -It's a stripped down version inside, comparable to the Laredo.
    -It is not nearly as off-road capable and the tires would not be near as suited to my task.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    How long before JWG starts finding stuff wrong with it?

I'll take 3 months.

:D

-Spark plugs need changing.
    -Small rust spot on front of roof from a rock-chip that went unrepaired.
    -Needs new tires.
    -Needs alignment.
    -Suede inserts show faint signs of use.
    -Leather facing likewise.

TEH HORROR!!!!

:)

Seriously, though, I love it so far. It's not a sports car, but that HEMI makes it fun, and it does sound good. I notice that it is a touch rough idling at times and certain low rpm's under middling load, but the plugs are supposed to be changed every 30K miles and they have never been changed according to the dealerships I have called, so I'm getting that done.

It's a pre-owned vehicle in great shape. The only things in its history per Dodge dealers I've called are a water pump at 63K miles, an O2 sensor, and 2 tire sensors and minor stuff like that.

I look forward to loving it long time, and not like that guy with that red car on that news documentary!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    You should put some magnapacks underneath it.
    They were subtle on my hemi truck but growled when I got in it

I actually really like the stock sound. You know when you're getting on it, but it's not bad cruising at all. On my 370Z, I had a Berk CBE, which is really sedate, but after a 500 mile trip, my ears rang.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Havnt I seen you post multiple times about vehicle quality and nit picking vehicles apart? And you buy a jeep? Your input on vehicles is 100% no longer valid!
    And yes, I own several jeeps and have had several more.

Top Bottom