3rd Hearing on ATFs Op. Fast & Furious being held today.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    The 3rd Congressional hearing into Operation Fast & Furious will be held today, Tuesday 7/26/2011.
    The hearing will begin at 9 a.m. CST.
    I do believe that it'll be covered live on C-SPAN (cox ch. 141 in the New Iberia area).

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...d-fast-furious-hearing-scheduled-next-tuesday

"This Tuesday’s hearing, Operation Fast and Furious: The Other Side of the Border, will feature the testimony of U.S. law enforcement officials who witnessed a different side of the controversial operation. These officials saw the steady stream of Operation Fast and Furious guns recovered at crime scenes in Mexico and were given orders from superiors not to alert Mexican authorities. Members of the Committee will also have their first opportunity to question ATF supervisors who have defended Operation Fast and Furious and the Justice Department’s decisions to committee investigators."

Art

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll set it to record for Spec. Last time it was on streaming Internet and didn't hit cable CSpan until late night. I just so happened to catch it by accident flipping channels.

Last edited:

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    They get it. Both sides are using it to advance their parties platform. The Dems want more gun laws, & the Republicans want to prove higher involvement by the current administration.

I like this Rep. Gowdy. He's sharp.
    Freshman from S.C., former Fed. prosecutor.

Art

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    How many times do they have to ask, "Who above you gave this the go ahead?" To get these poor bastards to answer what they are trying to get at. These ATF guys are getting mixed up and are going to end up getting some perjury charges if they don't stick to a particular story.

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    I do like how the one ATF agent told Norton of D.C. that there are existing laws to deal for what she was wanting another law.

A lot of this questioning is making me shake my head. It seems these people are working off of information that is months old and have no idea of what has come to light over the last few weeks. Issa even asked how much money was used for F&F. There was no mention of the $10 million appropriated for Gunrunner by the stimulus bill. The ignorance is frightening. Another question was asked about the possibility of this happening elsewhere. Another bill instructed Gunrunner be enacted in the four border states with Mexico. Again, the ignorance is just amazing.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Recess!

At least Issa understands that more gun laws is not the answer, for now that is. And the Congressman from Pennsylvania(ex-assistant attorney), knows his s**t!

ATF's MacMahon and Special Agent Newell, better go call Holder and ask what he wants them to say next, cause the Deputy AG is laying across the tracks and there is a train scheduled to pass eventually.

And Kudos to agent Canino for not acting ignorant about the way the ATF is supposed to operate.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Well that didn't seem to solve anything but to suggest that ATF field agents can send 2000 guns across international borders without any one knowing or caring.

:eek3:

Top Bottom