44 mag/special ammo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joshlala

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I just bought a henry big boy a few weeks ago and I had picked up some ammo last week for $34/50 of some brass cased flat nose soft points at cabelas but now I wanted to order some online. Does anyone know of a place with ammo in stock that I can beat or match that price? I would like to not have to drive back out to cabelas if I can avoid it but I don't want to pay $50/50 either.
    Thanks!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Buds Guns has 44 Magnum CCI for $32, Magtech for $35 and PMC for $38 per 50 rounds.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Hey Josh,

Looks like you need to need to start reloading. Lets you shoot more for less. You can also tailor your loads for what you need and don't have to rely on what you buy. Come by, lets talk about reloading.

Thanks,

Bryan Guillory
    Louisiana Gun
    12728 Jefferson Hwy.

Joshlala

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I actually already reload 223 and 45 acp. My intent is to reload 44 mag as well but I figured I would try and put a few hundred rounds through the gun of factory loads in order to stock up on brass rather than buying brass.
    I fully intend on stopping by your place in another month or two when I am in need of powder and bullets for the 44.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    I will tell you what I was told 40 years ago when I got my first .44 mag. Start reloading. You may not save any money, but you will shoot a lot more for the same money. I am still using most of the same equipment I invested in way back then, and added a little more over time as I got more into it. The .44 mag / .44 special is very easy to reload. I have shot many thousand rounds over the years, and I enjoy reloading as much as shooting. When ammo was hard to get, I was still shooting, because I keep at least 2,000 primers, and a few pounds of my favorite powder on hand with a good supply of various bullets. (I can shoot my .44 cheaper than some folks could shoot their .22's if indeed they could find ammo.) Over time reloading will pay for itself many times over, and increase your enjoyment of shooting.

muddocktor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    New Iberia, LA
    You can also look at http://www.freedommunitions.com/category-s/1913.htm from time to time and see if they have any in stock. They are a Houston based company that I ordered some 380 Auto and 223 from earlier this year and they have decent pricing. They sell both new and reman ammo, but I think it's all new production stuff in 44 mag. The 380 Auto I ordered from them was loaded in Starline brass, which is some really good brass in my experience. The 223 was new production loaded in BVAC headstamped brass, which seems to be holding up to reloading so far. Both shot well in their respective firearms. As has been stated above, reloading is the only way to roll 44 mag, since you can go roughly twice the number of rounds reloading as compared to buying new ammo. I only reload jacketed bullets in 44 mag, since my DE doesn't like lead (not hot enough to cycle it). I've had very good luck with Win 296 and Accurate #9 powders in 44 mag with 180-240 grain bullets.

Mauser98

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Diamondhead,MS
    Just started loading .44 Magnum 2 weeks ago for the first time and I found it easy to load and enjoyable. I moved into a new house 6 months ago and was itching to get my Man Cave done and set up for reloading. I'm using my tried and true Dillon 550 loading 180 Grain XTP's with 16.8 Grains of Blue Dot.

BMS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Chackbay,La
    I usually order my sporting clay shells from Cabela's and found out the most they will charge on shipping is $19.00. I also order on the $5.00 shipping specials it saves me money to keep from driving there and i order what i want instead of getting what they have in the store.I found this out when i was going to the shipping cost on 20 cases of shell was the same as 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom