5.56 hits $1,000.00 for a 1000 rds. on gunbroker!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swampwood

Long Term "Newbie"
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    Feb 9, 2010
    Northshore Area
    Wonder what today's going price is on these bullits? lol

p6mjg0o5b2xexbe6mf3v.jpg

ROFL :rofl: , +1

This to will pass...

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you can't afford to pay to feed your hobby then maybe consider something else. These accusuations of "price gouging" are laughable. Some of you are taking this personal. So what if someone wants to ask absurd prices for ammo? That doesn't mean it will sell.

Swampwood

Long Term "Newbie"
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    Feb 9, 2010
    Northshore Area
    Ammo Wammo

:D 12/29 an already seeing the gougers (I mean Carpet Baggers) on GB watching their ammo @ gouging prices go by with zero bids! That ain't Capitalism or Free Enterprise, its been nothing short of robbery... There is not a Business in the world that has Integrity who would rape their potential repeat customer like these unsavory shade tree business persons have done and they are no better than the crooks that say "never let a good crisis go to waste", you know the Chicago Dirty Dudes!

Like I said, "This to Will Pass!"

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    one person? it could be you if you don't have it when you need it. i understand a hurricane is a crisis situation and water is a necessity for survival, but when someone starts talking about screwing around with my second amendment rights i likewise might view that as a crisis situation because the very things they are talking about restricting or taking away could also be necessary for my survival one day.

I guess if it is so important to you then you would have stocked up and been better prepared. I personally did not need anything additional. Now my wife bought ammo for me before Christmas part of my presents but she did not run out and jump on the bandwagon. We went to LA Gun and Reloading today to return something and I could not think of a single thing that I "needed".

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I have some 5.56 the wife got me 1000 rnds for Christmas 2 500 rnds cans of Federal 55FMJ at $159 a can "Black Friday have about the same in reloads in 55 grain lots of bullets, primers and powder.
    Even if I never had any I would buy into the Panic buying deals. Things will go back to normal but will take awhile.
    I personally think plenty of guns and ammo that were bought by new gun owners will be sitting on shelf and never see the light of day again.
    If they do not I will save the 1000 rnds Factirty the wife got me shoot the reloads and play with this:
    I am a avid caster and bought a mould awhile back to play with to see if I could make good target loads with this 65 grain bullet
    Most guys were saying that 18-20 grains of H-4895 was working in the AR's 16 grains would not cycle the actions.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ass-four-cavity-solid&highlight=Mihec+22+NATO
    Some old WW mixed with a little Lino gets then to about 62 grains thats what i have been told by others who have the mould. I never cast with mine yet.
    Plan is to seat to 2.260 and use a crimp on gas check
    http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/Bullet moulds/224Nato-3.jpg
    http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/Bullet moulds/224nato-1.jpg
    I had to start casting to be able to afford shooting the pistols as much as my son and i were and was able to get cost way down and shoot better bullets than I bought
    If in the end I have to be creative with the rifles i will do the same. I never went further since I was sick with Cancer and everything took to being on the back burner! My lead levels were fine and had nothing to do with the cancer. I personally thing real shooters will do what they have to do to shoot and not let this buying thing get us

This was second on my list after the Grand loads
    http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/Red Carnuba/Lyman311365.jpg
    http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/Red Carnuba/311365-168A-Max-1.jpg
    http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/Red Carnuba/311365-150-3.jpg

Last edited:

egl1962

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I guess if it is so important to you then you would have stocked up and been better prepared. I personally did not need anything additional. Now my wife bought ammo for me before Christmas part of my presents but she did not run out and jump on the bandwagon. We went to LA Gun and Reloading today to return something and I could not think of a single thing that I "needed".
    i don't recall saying i wasn't stocked up or prepared. maybe i'm wrong, i guess i just expect more from a group of enthusiast that depend so much on each others help. i was commenting on the practice of price gouging. it's deplorable under the current situation. and i know it's their right to ask what they wont for it, but it is also my right to never buy another thing from them again and i won't.

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Not everyone is always in the position to be able to "stock up" when prices are down and doing so may be a luxury for some peoples budgets regardless of need. I do not understand why some people find it neccessary to bash someone for not being prepared and not wanting to pay obiviously over inflated prices. Yes its supply and demand but to sell 556 rounds for a 1.00 a round to your loyal coustomers at this point is the wrong answer. If it were a storm and it was gas prices everyone would have an issue with it. I wasnt as prepared for this as I wanted to be and we all new that this would happen at some point. Hell I wont ever be as prepared as I want to be unless I sell everything I own and work just to buy guns.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Not everyone is always in the position to be able to "stock up" when prices are down and doing so may be a luxury for some peoples budgets regardless of need. I do not understand why some people find it neccessary to bash someone for not being prepared and not wanting to pay obiviously over inflated prices. Yes its supply and demand but to sell 556 rounds for a 1.00 a round to your loyal coustomers at this point is the wrong answer. If it were a storm and it was gas prices everyone would have an issue with it. I wasnt as prepared for this as I wanted to be and we all new that this would happen at some point. Hell I wont ever be as prepared as I want to be unless I sell everything I own and work just to buy guns.

+1 I am well stocked but I am tired of reading peoples responses that everyone should be. Most people can't afford to stock up. People that think its ok to charge people this amount because people should have been prepared just sound ignorant.

skyblue

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    mandeville
    I found some for $297.00 for 420 rds (5.56x45mm) 62 gr on stripper clips in mandeville. The best price I could find on line for the same was .80/rd. IThink he's got some left.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

Don't give me that.

I was able to 'Stock up' when I was a PFC, and a Broke College kid both.

A box of ammo every pay day for years goes a long way...

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Yeah and some of us were never broke college kids and had other responsibilities or chose to do other things with our money. Whats your point? Because I did not choose to squirrel away every round I could I should get crap from other members, really? I still do not have all I want but that doesnt keep me from helping other members out or from making fare deals. I have yet to find myself bashing someone because they find themselves in a bad situation or just trying to catch up.

Don't give me that.

I was able to 'Stock up' when I was a PFC, and a Broke College kid both.

A box of ammo every pay day for years goes a long way...

egl1962

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I found some for $297.00 for 420 rds (5.56x45mm) 62 gr on stripper clips in mandeville. The best price I could find on line for the same was .80/rd. IThink he's got some left.

thats still way to high.
    i was paying around 175.00 for a 420 can a week before the ct. event.

Swampwood

Long Term "Newbie"
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    Feb 9, 2010
    Northshore Area
    :D 12/29 an already seeing the gougers (I mean Carpet Baggers) on GB watching their ammo @ gouging prices go by with zero bids! That ain't Capitalism or Free Enterprise, its been nothing short of robbery... There is not a Business in the world that has Integrity who would rape their potential repeat customer like these unsavory shade tree business persons have done and they are no better than the crooks that say "never let a good crisis go to waste", you know the Chicago Dirty Dudes!

Like I said, "This to Will Pass!"

Looking at the prices people are paying on GB today it appears that my "This to Will Pass!" statement needs clarification...

This to Will Pass, but This Turd is Gonna Take Some Time :rolleyes:

Plain and simple foolish panic buying or has All this nonsense made people Moonstruck... :confused:

Top Bottom