5.7 x 28

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pjprokop

NRA Benefactor Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Anyone know where to obtain this ammo locally (New Orleans/Baton Rouge)?

Paul

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    This stuff is in wayyyy short supply due to the Obama/strike at the FN factory combo. I found a few boxes on an Academy shelf and bought as many as my pocket change would allow. I went back a couple of days later and the rest was gone. FN is supposed to be ramping up production in the spring and Federal is making it now, but it disappears as fast as you can get it. I had found a mail order sight that reloaded, but last I looked, they were having trouble getting components and were limiting customers to 2 boxes at ass rape prices. Depending on what goes on in the political climate, it should get better in a few months. Other than that, keep your eyes peeled. If you find any, buy all you can and then share the info.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Academy used to have it at $24.99 a box of 50 for the blue tipped stuff, but I don't know if they still have it, as I no longer work there.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    I noticed a good bit at cablelas a couple weekend back, FN brand and some other. Opened a box just to see what it looked like.

pjprokop

NRA Benefactor Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Both Cabela's and Academy have none - locally or thru 800 number. Everyone seems to think there will be a resupply by next summer (with lower prices). Going to see Shoot Wise this afternoon.

Paul

daxjosh77

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Baton rouge
    Start reloading your own and you dont have to worry about the shortage, its easier than you think, aslong as your ocd with your charges and seating depth you have nothing to worry about. If you need a couple of recipes then email me and ill gladly send you some

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom