50 BMG shooters - where do you go?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AgelessAnarchy

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Denham Springs
    I am working on a bolt action Big 50 and i have everything but a good place to shoot at. I am a member at both precision and PA obviously one is indoors and i cant shoot it there, and stupid people ruined the 50BMG fun at PA so that's a no go. Any suggestions on where to shoot from people that currently shoot 50BMG?

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    They allow it at Honey Island but that's quite a drive from Denham

http://www.honeyisland.org/info.htm

Firearms:Range conditions permitting, any safe and legally owned firearm up to and including .50 BMG is welcome at the range, provided the shooter ensures all round impact the backstop.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I have a standing offer to anyone who wants to shoot a fifty cal. can come out to the farm and streach it out!

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I was allowed to shoot a board member's .50BMG at the Tax Stamp Shoot in 09 at Sherburne. The only other place than that was at Honey Island.

Does Palo Alto allow it?

JR1572

AgelessAnarchy

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Nope. Damn house right in behind the 600 yd range - mile or so out.

He is right, it totally sucks. However i shoot everything else i have out there. PA is a great place and we can always use more members! its looking like honey island is going to be the place to go unless i find someone close buy with a safe place to shoot...i just acquired a hardened steel .75in thick vault door to shoot at today too! now that's a target.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    I am working on a bolt action Big 50 and i have everything but a good place to shoot at. I am a member at both precision and PA obviously one is indoors and i cant shoot it there, and stupid people ruined the 50BMG fun at PA so that's a no go. Any suggestions on where to shoot from people that currently shoot 50BMG?

If I pay for ammo can I shoot it once. That's a bucket list item for me is to shoot one just once lol

sent from my EVO using tapatalk

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods

They're shooting them at the Lake Charles Gun Club @ 600 yds

lineofdeparture

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    New Roads
    I have a standing offer to anyone who wants to shoot a fifty cal. can come out to the farm and streach it out!

I dont have a 50 but i do have a 338 lapua.... Ill gladly come "stretch it out in ol Bunkie" and of course you are welcome to shoot it as well...Matter of fact i can bring a few 338lm's...

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La

Yea that's been my issue. I like the idea of a "big long range gun" but you aren't shooting it until you get to 1000 yds or more.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom