50BMG round is NOT a hammer (Graphic)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Purple Heart?

I don't think you get one for blowing yourself up. You're supposed to leave the martyrdom attempts to the terrorists. :eek3:

Sucks for the guy, but if he got anything it would have to be the Congressional Medal of Shame. Either way he's screwed for life...bet his story goes around the rehab clinic like lightning.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I don't think you get one for blowing yourself up. You're supposed to leave the martyrdom attempts to the terrorists. :eek3:

Sucks for the guy, but if he got anything it would have to be the Congressional Medal of Shame. Either way he's screwed for life...bet his story goes around the rehab clinic like lightning.

Dont think so.

The Purple Heart is awarded to members of the armed forces of the U.S. who are wounded by an instrument of war in the hands of the enemy and posthumously to the next of kin in the name of those who are killed in action or die of wounds received in action. It is specificaHistory of the Orderlly a combat decoration.

Last edited:

Witiku

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2006
    That'll be amputated. There must have been some type of tourniquet on during the picture, or else the blood would be flowing.

(red red kroovy screaming megaflow) - A Clockwork Orange

Does look dry, I'd be surprised if they saved any of it.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Dont think so.

The Purple Heart is awarded to members of the armed forces of the U.S. who are wounded by an instrument of war in the hands of the enemy and posthumously to the next of kin in the name of those who are killed in action or die of wounds received in action. It is specificaHistory of the Orderlly a combat decoration.

I knew that but didn't some get given out in the first Gulf War that they had to take back?

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    1. Molon Labeon 05 Jun 2010 at 3:05 am link comment
      On closer inspection, I’m going to cry shenanigans.
      I searched the Army’s safety site and there is nothing about this alleged incident… and there would be by now.
      There is not a “weapon safety message” that I can find. Neither can the US Army’s safety website:
      http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d120/longjon76/safetyscreenshot.jpg
      It would either be a ground safety message or a safety of use message.
      Also, it just doesn’t look like a real safety message. To begin with, a .50 caliber? How about a 50 caliber or .50? I find it hard to believe that an official USFOR-A SOUM would refer to Ma Deuce as a “.50 cal”.
      There are phone numbers but no email POC for the safety office.
      Listing “permanent disability” down the sides implies that a Line of Duty investigation has taken place and the results have been endorsed by the investigating officer, an Army surgeon and at least one field grade officer. Having done LODs, I can personally say that even the most pedestrian and clear cut LOD takes a lot more than three weeks to be completed.
      Numerous little things like alternating fonts, font sizes and weird bolds.
      The opening statement refers to accidents, plural. So, how come I can’t find any other safety messages concerning the mounting and dismounting of an M2?
      Here are several phrases that don’t sound very Army to me:
      “inattention to detail”
      “during pre-combat checks” Mounting a weapon is not something you do during a PCC.
      “hammer at the locking pin”
      “pinkie finger” Little finger maybe? Or, in American English, “pinky”.
      “failure to follow existing SOPs, TTPs…” Uhm, what about the technical manual (TM)?
      No mention of the type of round.
      There don’t appear to be any burns on the wound itself. Not even on the finger that would have been on the neck of the round.
      MOD 93 Machine Gun Mount? Whaaaaa? Oh wait, you meant the MK93 Machine Gun Mount. In fact, if you google “MOD 93″ Machine Gun Mount, the only results you get reference this alleged incident.
      I also emailed a buddy downrange about it. He said that there had been some posters in front of the chow hall but they were only there for a day or two. So, someone got over zealous and someone else noticed that it was BS and had them take it down.
      I think, in the end, this will be proven as a hoax.
    Interesting points raised here.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    At least his stupidity didn't show itself in battle. He might have gotten himself or some else killed. They should probably check that M2 also...

Top Bottom