9/11/2011 Anniversary

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    11 Years Ago Today..............How many remember where you where, what you were doing?

Watching the coverage on TV this morning of these events and seeing the World Trade Towers being hit, burning, and crashing down, just gets me angry all over again!

Let us NOT forget that there are people who hate our country!!!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    11 Years Ago Today..............How many remember where you where, what you were doing?

Watching the coverage on TV this morning of these events and seeing the World Trade Towers being hit, burning, and crashing down, just gets me angry all over again!

Let us NOT forget that there are people who hate our country!!!

School. History class. Went to the library and watched the second one fall on TV. Stuck in my mind forever.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    we were just talking about this at work, I was in college going to English class that morning for 8am, and got the news, it didn't register at first I was thinking small Cessna type plane. But once our professor came out and said go be with your families we all knew it was more serious than we thought. Then proceeded to the union and watched the second plane crash on live tv.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Work. In the town of Paulina loading 2 huge diesel engines to take to a shipyard off of Peters Rd. in Harvey....I guess that's Harvey.....While my trailer was being loaded,the guys in the shop and I were standing there by the cab of my truck listening to 870am while this was all happening. We were all in shock our country was being attacked !!! I think I saw more F18's and F16's flying around there and B.R. than ever that day...All the Nuclear plants gates were closed, Chem.plants, Refineries, everything was on lockdown that day...I will never forget !!!! Ya know, as I sit here typing this, I'm watching Fox news,and they just showed Obama and his spouse bowing their heads at ground zero....Muslim lovin sumbitch got some nerve !!! Almost lost my Corn Flakes!!!

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I was at work when the first plane hit. We all thought it was a small plane and I remember people go around the office saying "some idiot crashed his Cessna into one of the World Trade towers in New York.". We didnt have TV's so we got all our information from the radio. They let us go home early and I just sat there watching the news for the rest of the day.

Almost to the day (Aug 27th) I was free and clear of the military (did my 8 years of active and inactive time). Sitting there watching that just pissed me off and ultimately led me to re-enlist for another 6 years.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I had skipped school that day. I was sitting at my grandma's table eating soup "because I was sick" when she screamed from her bedroom for me to come see the news. I'll never forget.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    At work in Baton Rouge. Wife and I had been visiting our daughter in Providence, RI, for the previous couple of weeks or so. I had come home on 9/7th while wife decided to stay a few more days. She was scheduled to fly out morning of 9/11th -- obviously that didn't happen! She called me at the office, told me about (first) plane impact, I went to our conference room where we had a TV and everyone was already gathering. Wife finally got a flight home about a week later.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    College, my bed in the dorm, skipping Spanish 3 my Freshman year.

The girl warming my sheets had slipped off to the bathroom and heard the news in the hallway; she shook me awake about 5 minutes before the second tower was struck, which we watched kinda-live on CNN.

Spent the better part of the morning calling at least a dozen people between us who were in the city at that time, or travelling in the surrounding airspace. The entire dorm was doing the same. All told, one of my better friends in the dorm lost a cousin and an acquaintance lost an aunt. RIP to them and everyone else who lost their lives that day.

When I tell the kids my story, certain details will obviously be left out... But I, too, will never forget.

4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    I was taking the asvap (sp) military test in high school. All the recruiters pagers and cell phones started going crazy. I finished the test and walked out into the hallway, where my buddy came running up to me yelling "we got bombed". I told him he was a damn liar because nobody had the balls to bomb us. I had images of WWII bombers and the like. I couldn't wrap my head around somebody flying planes into a building. We watched it on a tv in the physics lab.

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    US Navy, underway, off the coast of Florida, for pre-deployment exercises. We were headed to St. Thomas for some R&R mid-exercise. Was planning to finally get my scuba certification in Carribbean paradise.

Got underway about 0700, and began steaming south out of Mayport. Rumors always start flying the first day out at sea, as most of us didn't have internet access. I started one on another steam that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt got into a car accident; it was all over the ship in an hour. Needless to say, when we started hearing that there was an explosion in NYC, we all laughed it off.... "good rumor man", haha....

I went outside for a smoke, and noticed the sun was on the WRONG side of the ship - starboard. We were heading north, not south, full speed ahead. Just then, the Captain came onto the 1MC and confirmed the horrible rumors were true; the WTC had been attacked by terrorists, planes had been flown into them. I went to CIC and looked at the radar as we steamed north. I'd never been in the vicinity of so many Navy ships underway in my life; and haven't since.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I was in south Mexico. We had just gotten back to the hotel after working a 14 hour shift. My buddy called me up and told me they I needed to turn the TV on. I turned on CNN just in time to see the 2nd plane hit. About ten of the guys working with us decided to head for the border and were stuck there for several days. The rest of us that stayed were under all sorts of uncertainty as to when we would be able to get back in the country.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I was at work. A friend of mine with BRPD called and told me words I'll never forget. He simply said 'Have you got the word?? We are under attack. NYC & The Pentagon have been hit, man...'

Hell of a sinking feeling when I first saw the images of those buildings on fire. Kept thinking about those trapped inside- and those trying to reach them. Thought about my family being in that situation. This was going to be a terrible day for America.

I had no idea.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    College, my bed in the dorm, skipping Spanish 3 my Freshman year.

The girl warming my sheets had slipped off to the bathroom and heard the news in the hallway; she shook me awake about 5 minutes before the second tower was struck, which we watched kinda-live on CNN.

Spent the better part of the morning calling at least a dozen people between us who were in the city at that time, or travelling in the surrounding airspace. The entire dorm was doing the same. All told, one of my better friends in the dorm lost a cousin and an acquaintance lost an aunt. RIP to them and everyone else who lost their lives that day.

When I tell the kids my story, certain details will obviously be left out... But I, too, will never forget.

I'm guessing that "Yo babies momma" was not the one warming your sheets that morning!!! :boink:

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I was in 6th grade and I remember they had told our teachers to not let us go outside because of a "gas leak" and we weren't allowed to watch TV. I didn't know about it until I got home that afternoon. It's strange how you can remember EXACTLY what happened that day. I see it in my mind like it was yesterday, literally.

In memory.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I was in a hotel room drunk and high with 3 strippers. That afternoon I went down talked to recruter and joined army and 2 days later shipped.

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    I was stationed at fort Polk. When I got to the airfeild all flights w
    ere grounded, then the confusion and adrenaline set in. Odd experience

Last edited:
    Top Bottom