A BB gun can blow up tannerite

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Either that- or I've been asleep far too long and really need to take another look at Today's Red Ryder!!:dogkeke:

lol no kidding. there ARE some seriously awesome air rifles out there, but the one in the video wasn't a far stretch from detonating tannerite by pissing on it.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Several people in this thread couldn't tell, thus the reason for this thread. The video had only been live for about 3 days and it already has 1000 views. What percentage of those do you think watched it and thought it was legit? The video did not go into enough detail about it being a spoof or being a myth. It needs to be re-edited so that it is obvious at the end what they were trying to accomplish otherwise it will actually be a "MYTH MAKER" and create a myth about tannerite and eventually shown to a stupid politician with an axe to grind.

In short, it is Irresponsible.

BTW, not bitching at you wabbit. Just taking the opportunity to launch into a rant off of your statement. :D

That's the way I view it. I guess I get the point of the video, but don't think it was made clear enough for the intended audience. Don't underestimate people, there's a lot of "special" individuals like freedive out there. :mamoru:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Wow! I didn't realize this vid would generate this much talk.

I'll clear it up:

MYTH: Any invented story, idea, or concept.

MAKER: A person or thing that makes.

While most of you were spot on, Whitsend, you win the bag of candy!

We see a lot of BS claims out there by the Call Of Doodiers and thought we'd have fun with some of their "my gun can do ___" crap.

Irresponsible? It's titled MYTH MAKERS. Not THIS IS REAL. Dictionaries can really drop some knowledge on that ass.

i-won-the-internet.png
    hae4bQi.png

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    That's the way I view it. I guess I get the point of the video, but don't think it was made clear enough for the intended audience. Don't underestimate people, there's a lot of "special" individuals like freedive out there. :mamoru:

to verm/speed: I understand, and your point is certainly valid.

I see it no different than a video showing a bolt action rifle firing once, then adding a pistol grip and it firing fully-automatic. (video suggestion: credit me)

if anything, it pokes fun at just how stupid the liberal arguments are. If they don't get the joke, then they probably shouldn't be arguing anything about the subject at hand.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville

Speed, only b/ I ride the short bus, don't mean I'm special! :redfinger: The next thing your going to tell me is that everything we see and read on the internet is not "fact" or that the Easter Bunny and Santa are not real. Your :crazy:

Several people in this thread couldn't tell, thus the reason for this thread. The video had only been live for about 3 days and it already has 1000 views. What percentage of those do you think watched it and thought it was legit? The video did not go into enough detail about it being a spoof or being a myth. It needs to be re-edited so that it is obvious at the end what they were trying to accomplish otherwise it will actually be a "MYTH MAKER" and create a myth about tannerite and eventually shown to a stupid politician with an axe to grind.

BTW, not bitching at you wabbit. Just taking the opportunity to launch into a rant off of your statement. :D

I have never played with this stuff so you fooled me! :bowrofl: I did have my doubts and decided to post even though I may end up looking the ASS. Either way, I rather look the ASS and learn than be an ASS and ASSume. (See what I did there? LOL)

Just worried that it may send out the wrong message to those seeking to add more restrictions to us lawful gun owners. Anyone remember the "GHOST GUN"? :doh:

Its not just our gun community watching the Youtube videos.

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

Dis.

Tannerite came a c*** hair from being banned recently.
    This does NOT help.

Top Bottom