a reply from Landrieu

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jmann

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Thank you for contacting my office. This automatic response confirms that I received your message, but unfortunately I am unable to respond due to a government shutdown. When the government shutdown ends, I will respond to your message as soon as possible.

What a joke !

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    .gov email servers are shut down - only automations are running to alert you of that fact. That goes for all .gov websites as well, usda.gov nasa.gov etc.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    No idea. When I read they were down I tested the system and all is well.
    Test what 'system' ?

Do you have some kind of employee/contractor access that requires a login, whereas I'm just getting on via http and getting redirected because of that?

The general policy of the shutdown is that all the .gov email/webserving was to be shut down. However, I see that some sites, like house.gov, senate.gov, and whitehouse.gov are all still serving pages, though whitehouse.gov has a popup declaring that no updates are occurring since the shutdown. usda.gov redirects me to: http://www.usda.gov/fundinglapse.htm - energy.gov still serves pages but has a large header declaring that no updates are occurring until funds are made available.

Strange. That really sucks, nasa and usda has a lot of information that was really missed.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Thank you for contacting my office. This automatic response confirms that I received your message, but unfortunately I am unable to respond due to a government shutdown. When the government shutdown ends, I will respond to your message as soon as possible.

What a joke !

That's funny, David Vitter sent me an update email today. :dunno:

twentynine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ascension parish
    Bill winning against Mary?

Well Bill mat get my vote, but really what's the chance of him unseating Mary Mary Quite Contrary?

I'm not a student of La history, so I'm going to ask:

When or has their ever been an incumbent seated senator from the state of La voted out of office.

Right off the top of my head I'm trying to think of US senators from La in my lifetime. I was born in 1958. Let's see Russell Long, Bennett Johnston, Allen Ellander, Elaine Edwards, John Breaux, Huey Long. I leave anybody out? Course everybody knows Huey was assassinated and Ellander died in office (Elaine appointed by EWE to finish his term). Naturally I can't remember Huey except by legend, who finished his term? Then of course Mary Mary and Mr David call girl Vitter.

Nope won't happen, short of being caught having sex with a goat, and maybe not then.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Bill winning against Mary?

Well Bill mat get my vote, but really what's the chance of him unseating Mary Mary Quite Contrary?

I'm not a student of La history, so I'm going to ask:

When or has their ever been an incumbent seated senator from the state of La voted out of office.

Right off the top of my head I'm trying to think of US senators from La in my lifetime. I was born in 1958. Let's see Russell Long, Bennett Johnston, Allen Ellander, Elaine Edwards, John Breaux, Huey Long. I leave anybody out? Course everybody knows Huey was assassinated and Ellander died in office (Elaine appointed by EWE to finish his term). Naturally I can't remember Huey except by legend, who finished his term? Then of course Mary Mary and Mr David call girl Vitter.

Nope won't happen, short of being caught having sex with a goat, and maybe not then.

I wish the younger generation would embrace term limits on these trash bags. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rmsize
    Top Bottom