Abita Springs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    I love me some Abita. You can't beat it fresh. Find a place which has it on draught that serves a ton of it (like Cooter Browns and you will have a helluva good product. Bottle aint half bad either ;)

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Any body tried the Satsuma?

If you like the strawberry you might like it. Definitely not my favorite though, more like the kind you just have one or two of with certain foods. I probably wouldn't buy it again, if I'm feeling like something along those lines I'll just grab some good ol' Purple Haze.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Love me some Amber, Golden, Wheat, Strawberry

Any body tried the Satsuma?

Yep, taste like Abita teased the seeds out the poop of an animal that eats satsumas, then strained Bud Light through them. It's weak and gnarly.

Love me some AndyGator and Jackamo, though.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Andygator and that SOS stuff are both good, but make me do stupid things.

I think I have some good memories drinking lots of Andygator at the Brewpub, but I can't remember.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Love their SOS, the satsuma. Strawberry the first time I tried it was nasty, but this year I gave it another whirl. That's an awesome beer too. But I think my favorite is their Pecan and Fall Fest. :)

del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    Abita rocks. The root beer is the greatest! I can't dig any other soft drink after having Abita Root Beer.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've had almost every beer they make. Including all seven "flagship brews". The only brew I can say I honestly hate is Restoration Ale. Tastes like they brewed it with some Katrina water. Jockamo is alright, but you have to have a certain liking to it. The seasonal and harvest brews are great. Their "Big Beers" are delicious. I favor SOS when I am eating and Turbodog if I am lounging around.

I made the mistake of drinking two bottles of Andy Gator and multiple bottles of purple haze one night. It didn't end well lol.

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    Best beer out there, I am excite they are going to start canning, now I don't have to cheat on them when riding fourwheelers. I have to agree on restoration ale being rough and add Christmas ale to that. Typically I keep amber and/or strawberry in my fridge and occasionally grab an andygator and some purple haze to make barneys.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    I liked the pecan harvest last year. Not too strong of a pecan flavor.

I used to work at a bar in a restaurant where the mgr had a great idea of putting Abita root beer on tap. It was awesome but I think they lost some serious money when the bartenders were drinking it all the time

Top Bottom