about my Glock 40 S&W

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • headcase

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Metairie, LA.
    Ok, I'm new here and need a little info please. I purchased a glock 27 recently and put less than 50 rounds thru it punching a little paper. It shoots pretty good. I've already added a pearce grip extender and a drop in 3 1/2 lb. trigger. I was told I could drop in a 9mm barrel and use a 9mm (model 26)magazine and it would function. Is this true as I already reload 9mm and it's a lot cheaper than setting up for .40 S&W. thanks, headcase :)

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I agree with Bayouslide and occasionally you get one that also needs a 9mm extractor to work properly. Be sure you get a .40 to 9mm conversion barrel and not standard 9mm barrel as the OD is different between the OEM .40 and 9mm barrels.

headcase

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Metairie, LA.
    replies

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of trying the .40 to the 9mm conversion barrel from Lone Wolf and a factory glock model 26 mag.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of trying the .40 to the 9mm conversion barrel from Lone Wolf and a factory glock model 26 mag.

That will work, just do not expect a 3.5# trigger pull when you change connectors.

Top Bottom