about to hit the buy button on an ariens 0 turn

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    been thinking about it for a year. anyone strongly object to ariens brand? i found two that i want.

a 34" cut 14.5 hp for $1,999
    http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-O...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

or

a 42" cut 22 hp for $300 more
    http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-O...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

is it really worth the extra $300? cause thats over 1,000 rounds of 9mm or 7.62x39mm i could buy. but i do have almost an acre to cut.

my budget is, i don't want to spend anything but that snapper tractor mower i have is horrible with turning and its 20 something inch cut with 11 hp. pretty bad. please don't recommend some expensive 0 turn. im poor and sweating over buying a $2,000 mower already.

just want to know if anyone here has an ariens and if they like it. the reviews on the home depot site look good.

Last edited:

Golden-Eagle

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Mandeville
    Get the 42". You will never regret it unless you have a lot of trees. The money spread out over the life of the mower is nothing. You will have a shorter cut time which means less hours on the mower, which means it will last longer, which means more time at the Range!

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Get the 42". You will never regret it unless you have a lot of trees. The money spread out over the life of the mower is nothing. You will have a shorter cut time which means less hours on the mower, which means it will last longer, which means more time at the Range!

+1 on the 42"

When we jumped from our old 48" to a 56" 0 turn, it took an hour off of my cut time. Definitely a plus with the hot summer coming up :D

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Look for a 10% lowe's or home depot coupon. Home depot honors both, it will make the 42" more affordable. I was able to use a Harbor Freight 20% off at lowes on a Husqvarna trimmer, no questions asked, but you might be pushing your luck on a zero turn.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Lowes gives Servicemen and vets 10% off with an ID. I use my VA card!
    Lowe's policy is 10% discount to all active duty or retired vets with photo ID . Any vet with a DD214 on holidays like Veterans Day , Memorial day , etc. In reality , most Lowe's stores will give every vet a discount , any time , with ID of course .

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I bought a Ariens Zoom 1450 about 5 years ago. It is very reliable! I would definitely buy another when ever this one dies. But that may be a while.

Push button!

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I have an ariens bought last year. Like it so far, 50", 22hp kawa.
    Check wise sales before you buy home depot! Saved me about 400+ over buying locally, but home depot doesn't sell the one I have.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    If it's where you won't have to negotiate openings, gates or trees I like wide, my 48 does a fine job but I cut one yard and no surprises, if I were going commercial and had just one mower...maybe hold to 36 or so.

ranrose1

RANROSE
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2011
    Greenwell Springs La
    i have the 34" and its great and runs flawless, however if i had to do it again i would go for the 42" because it is more stable along sloping ditches. i have big ditches front and side of my yard and the small tires ont he 34 dont hold and you wind up slipping off into the ditch. Just something to think about but it will go anywhere!

push button, get the grass cut and then go to the range!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    i do have a lot of trees and other things to cut around. the smaller one is better for that?

If your wife thinks she is an arborist like mine does, and has to plant trees everywhere you would normally just have grass, get a weed eater while your there.

Echo makes a good one of those.;)

Top Bottom