Academey Sports arrest

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I hear allot of law enforcement gets declined quite often..

He expected everyone to roll over, what's the matter with you people?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I hear allot of law enforcement gets declined quite often..

He expected everyone to roll over, what's the matter with you people?
    I remember helping a coworker do a transfer to a sheriff's deputy. Dude is built like a linebacker - on the Parish's SWAT/SRT (whatever they call it) for sure. He was there with a bunch of coworkers of same build. He got delayed. Many laughs were had. He got the go-ahead later, but it does crack me up when cops get denied/delayed... it's like "He can carry a gun with less restrictions than the rest of us, but we can't sell him another one" lol...

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I was there Sunday, and the two people in front of me were told that they had been given a "delay" from the NICS system, and would have to wait from a few hours to a few days. Neither liked it, but decided to leave and be called when the "proceed" was given.

Mine took 5 minutes and I was out of there. Maybe there is some influence by how many firearm purchases one has made in a given time? I know one delayed guy said he had never purchased one, but had a clean record.

My reasoning is kind of silly, but if they already know you have purchased say 5 firearms in the last year, what difference is one more going to take?

FWIW, I know at least one delay was on a handgun

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I remember helping a coworker do a transfer to a sheriff's deputy. Dude is built like a linebacker - on the Parish's SWAT/SRT (whatever they call it) for sure. He was there with a bunch of coworkers of same build. He got delayed. Many laughs were had. He got the go-ahead later, but it does crack me up when cops get denied/delayed... it's like "He can carry a gun with less restrictions than the rest of us, but we can't sell him another one" lol...

I remember that, I thought it was because *gasp* he was black lol (This is not a racist remark, more of an inside joke between the officer's and personnel that were present at the time)

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I remember that, I thought it was because *gasp* he was black lol (This is not a racist remark, more of an inside joke between the officer's and personnel that were present at the time)
    haha, I actually deleted that part, not sure if I wanted to bring it up.

tl;dr - dude gettin' the rifle was black, all his buddies were white, and they all laughed at him saying "that's what you get for being a black man trying to get a gun in Louisiana" :rofl:

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    It is peculiar so many LEO's get declined.. Most realize it's going to happen and just accept it.. Apparently this retired Trooper wasn't having any of that..

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom