Academy limiting sales of mags and rifles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cajun_Tiger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    Lafayette
    Okay, so some a-hole was standing at the door @ 7:30 maybe even longer, waiting for Academy to open on Amb Caf. The gun salesman said one guy came in and snatched up every 5.56 and .223 round available right when the doors opened. This crap has to be a inside job.

Last edited:

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Okay, so some a-hole was standing at the door @ 7:30 maybe even longer, waiting for Academy to open on Amb Caf. The gun salesman said one guy came in and snatched up every 5.56 and .233 round available right when the doors opened. This crap has to be a inside job.

That was NOT me...this time.

Fracture_U

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This is really starting to suck. All I can do is sit here at work (Brazil) and watch the threads people post of having the luxury of going to Academy and getting the last PMag or last 100 rnds of .223/5.56. I may have to park my camper at Academy when I go on days off so I can see when the truck arrives with new stock.

noinspect

A shooter, not a bad one.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    New Orleans
    I recently became the owner of 50 (closer to 100 but I quit counting late last night) AR-15 30rd magazines from a deceased uncle and while there are no good to me (I don’t have an AR-15, I own an HK 93) thus I am looking to get rid of all 50 at $60 apiece. I would sell in lots of 20 although. Some have been used, but work just fine while some are still in the original bags. They are aluminum with the green follower. Also have about 15 HK 93 20rd steel mags on-hand. If interested give me a call xxx-xxx-xxxx, New Orleans-Metairie area only. Face to face sale and please no BS and cash sale only.
    Respectfully,
    Travis Domingue
    Call or text xxx-xxx-xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I am looking to get rid of all 50 at $60 apiece. I would sell in lots of 20 although. Some have been used, but work just fine while some are still in the original bags. They are aluminum with the green follower
    How much do I have to pay for you to go **** yourself?

ETA: Sorry about your uncle, I guess.

Last edited:

peyton676

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Roads, LA
    I recently became the owner of 50 (closer to 100 but I quit counting late last night) AR-15 30rd magazines from a deceased uncle and while there are no good to me (I don’t have an AR-15, I own an HK 93) thus I am looking to get rid of all 50 at $60 apiece. I would sell in lots of 20 although. Some have been used, but work just fine while some are still in the original bags. They are aluminum with the green follower. Also have about 15 HK 93 20rd steel mags on-hand. If interested give me a call 504-641-9480, New Orleans-Metairie area only. Face to face sale and please no BS and cash sale only.
    Respectfully,
    Travis Domingue

No.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I recently became the owner of 50 (closer to 100 but I quit counting late last night) AR-15 30rd magazines from a deceased uncle and while there are no good to me (I don’t have an AR-15, I own an HK 93) thus I am looking to get rid of all 50 at $60 apiece. I would sell in lots of 20 although. Some have been used, but work just fine while some are still in the original bags. They are aluminum with the green follower. Also have about 15 HK 93 20rd steel mags on-hand. If interested give me a call 504-641-9480, New Orleans-Metairie area only. Face to face sale and please no BS and cash sale only.
    Respectfully,
    Travis Domingue

How do you know they work just fine if you don't own anything they fit in?

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    WOW !!! What a SWEET deal !!! I just came from Bullet's and Bow's in Rayne La...His NEW in the package are $23.95...
    I call B.S.
    Oh, Also sorry to hear about your Uncle....I'm sure he was really real proud of his nephew...

I recently became the owner of 50 (closer to 100 but I quit counting late last night) AR-15 30rd magazines from a deceased uncle and while there are no good to me (I don’t have an AR-15, I own an HK 93) thus I am looking to get rid of all 50 at $60 apiece. I would sell in lots of 20 although. Some have been used, but work just fine while some are still in the original bags. They are aluminum with the green follower. Also have about 15 HK 93 20rd steel mags on-hand. If interested give me a call xxx-xxx-xxxx, New Orleans-Metairie area only. Face to face sale and please no BS and cash sale only.
    Respectfully,
    Travis Domingue

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    They have some .223 at Walmart in Opelousas, never went out if stock. Maybe because they are $20/box of 20. (Obviously not targer ammo)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Ambassador store in Lafayette now is keeping their PMAGs on shelf-pegs behind the counter, so you can at least just take a look to see if they have any (they didn't, this evening) instead of finding someone to ask.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom