accidental discharge in an apartment complex

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Hypothetically, stop being a puss, man up, check on any neighbors that could have been affected, let the apt mgmt know what happened, and, if need be, call the 5-0 and deal with the circumstances. And, after all that, if you are still legally allowed to own and/or handle a firearm, go get some training. Keep your booger hook off the bang switch, please.

bushym4a1

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Lafayette
    For everyone's info, a buddy of mine busted a round off in my apartment. Startled us both but I'm handleing it. He freaked out way more than me. I think I've got it figured out. Thanks for laughs and obvious advice though haha

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I would truly give a year's salary to see my husband's face after he shot the television 16 years ago, give or take a couple months.

He *THOUGHT* it was empty. He dry fired front and down range of the living room and the TV went *boom*. The only reason I know that is because we were watching tv here at home about six years ago, and a person shot a tv in some movie. It exploded. Spec said "********, that's not what a tv looks like when it's shot". "Wait, wha?! What are you talking about? When did you shoot a tv?"

For the record, a television *implodes*, but not very dramatically. He kept that secret for ten solid years of marriage. :D

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I would truly give a year's salary to see my husband's face after he shot the television 16 years ago, give or take a couple months.

He *THOUGHT* it was empty. He dry fired front and down range of the living room and the TV went *boom*. The only reason I know that is because we were watching tv here at home about six years ago, and a person shot a tv in some movie. It exploded. Spec said "********, that's not what a tv looks like when it's shot". "Wait, wha?! What are you talking about? When did you shoot a tv?"

For the record, a television *implodes*, but not very dramatically. He kept that secret for ten solid years of marriage. :D

He is a wise one! Trust me, it was for your own good. We would NEVER keep secrets from you gals, if it wasn't.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    He is a wise one! Trust me, it was for your own good. We would NEVER keep secrets from you gals, if it wasn't.

No. Not at all. It wasn't for my benefit. He kept it from me because I'd tell damned near every single soul I know, and half the souls I don't know.

Spec doesn't make too many mistakes. In fact, I can probably count on one hand the number of mistakes he's made in our marriage. I'm not talking about "you dog, you forgot my birthday" kind of mistakes. The kind that creates accidents kind of mistakes.

So when he does make one, and because I make many… It's a big deal. Because otherwise, I feel way out classed. :D

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    No. Not at all. It wasn't for my benefit. He kept it from me because I'd tell damned near every single soul I know, and half the souls I don't know.

Spec doesn't make too many mistakes. In fact, I can probably count on one hand the number of mistakes he's made in our marriage. I'm not talking about "you dog, you forgot my birthday" kind of mistakes. The kind that creates accidents kind of mistakes.

So when he does make one, and because I make many… It's a big deal. Because otherwise, I feel way out classed. :D

I wouldn't have told you either if you would go around telling everyone!

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I wouldn't have told you either if you would go around making facebook statuses about it and all! It's not the worlds business what he blows up when he finger bangs his guns. He's got you fooled if you think the TV was the only thing.

Nope. I'd bet everything I owned that the TV was the only thing… You'd have to meet him to know but he is a very serious, ultra conservative, quiet individual. The fact he shot the TV is light years from his normal behavior. If he didn't tell me, and somebody else had, I'd tell them they were full of crap.

Which is exactly what I think it's funny. He f---ed up. Usually I'm the one screwing the pooch. :D

Top Bottom