Accidental Shooting at Moss Bluff Elementary

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    First grader brought a loaded gun to school, which discharged.

Screen-Shot-2017-05-15-at-8.29.35-AM.png

There are reports of a shooting at Moss Bluff Elementary in Calcasieu Parish.

According to media outlets in the Parish, one child has been shot in the incident. According to KPLC in Lake Charles, the child was transported to a Lafayette Hospital and no other students were harmed

According to a local radio station, the situation is under control at this time. Reports from a Facebook group Citizens of Moss Bluff : Be Informed say the shooting was likely considered an accident. The group says a child brought the gun to school and was accidentally discharged when dropped. There is no official word on what occurred at the school.

The school is on lock down at this time. The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office is on scene.

http://www.katc.com/story/35429773/reports-shooting-at-moss-bluff-elementary-in-calcasieu-parish

Last edited:

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    "my guns are where my kids can't find/reach them"..... ********. Too many people I know don't lock their **** up because they don't think this will ever be them.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    http://107jamz.com/sheriff-mancuso-gives-new-details-in-moss-bluff-elementary-shooting/

The link is the latest info on the shooting...
    Looks like the child is out of surgery and in the pediatric ICU, hopefully with a full recovery.

Okay, this info is contradictory to what was reported on the katc link and what was reported on their station this morning. In this link it says the child was transported to a "local" hospital and yet in the katc link and on their morning news they state the child was transported to a Lafayette hospital. I guess we will just have to wait and see which is correct. However, the main concern is that the child fully recovers from the injury!

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    "my guns are where my kids can't find/reach them"..... ********. Too many people I know don't lock their **** up because they don't think this will ever be them.

I agree.
    Even to the extent that some adults think someone won't break into their house and find the SD shotgun in the closet of the master bedroom.
    But keeping it just on a parent/kid level I always kept mine locked up just in case an "unknown" was introduced into the house. One of my nephews was the type to get into things and he was quick and stealthy. I trusted my kids but that is not where it ends.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Just my opinion. I dont think that they feel the need to go to school armed. I think they are fascinated by the firearm and want to impress/show their friends their "treasure".

That is why education is 100% needed Few do so other than the NRA

Top Bottom