Accurate Handguns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Browning Buckmark 22LR.

WHoops, just reread the OP and not too interested in .22lR..........

SO - with that
    1. SIG P-210
    2. CZ-75s
    3. Glock 34

Last edited:

Super Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii
    For a 45 I'm very impressed with my Cajun Gun Works CZ 97b. Got a 2" group at 50 yards on a rest.
    If I wanted and accurate 45 I'd order a custom 1911 from Clark Custom.
    But for the price the CZ is hard to beat. The trigger is just as good as a tuned 1911.
    For a new shooter I would suggest a good 22, like a Ruger, long barrel and trigger job from Clark Custom.
    Starting with a 45 shooting factory ammo is a recipe for developing flinch and bad habits.
    Dave

DerpMeister

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Zachary
    What major firearms manufacturer produces a gun that isn't accurate? Most; and I do mean most people that purchase handguns not only do not have the right equipment to properly and quantifiably test fire a hand gun out of the box to calibrate it anyway, but don't even possess the knowledge to attempt to do so.

The disadvantage for the person that doesn't have a lot of different pistols, or the person starting out is you may not have the opportunity to try a lot of different brands and sizes before you pick one.

Pretty well stated. I'll add to the fact that far too many normal folks (those who have never carried a handgun on their person- or haven't done it enough to really learn that) don't really think about WHAT they need if they want a defensive pistol they can carry. CZs are generally great pistols... And most of them are rather large and heavy, which very few will ever carry it on their person. I've been carrying one sort of another handgun, every day, for over 38 years now. And you won't ever see me with an all-steel pistol, of ANY brand, as a daily carry piece.

One thing I will disagree with... there are quite a few modern, light and heavy.. pistols that simply are NOT as accurate as some others. A pistol holding a two inch group at 25 yards is excellent. One holding a SIX inch group at the same distance; well, not so hot. And there has been plenty of those out there... and still are.

I guess my point here is, if you don't intend/plan to personally, on your body concealed, constantly carry a piece, then your selection is huge. If you do, then good selections are a whole lot less; and more involved than most folks I know have really thought about.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    99% of the pistols on the market will out shoot 99% of the people on the planet.

People like to quote what you said but almost everyone shooting a SAO Sig P210 Legend Target for precision will out shoot almost everyone shooting a M&P 9mm.
    Regardless of a shooters skill level a more accurate pistol is still a more accurate pistol. Same thing applies for your rifles.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    People like to quote what you said but almost everyone shooting a SAO Sig P210 Legend Target for precision will out shoot almost everyone shooting a M&P 9mm.
    Regardless of a shooters skill level a more accurate pistol is still a more accurate pistol. Same thing applies for your rifles.

You are confusing "shootability" with accuracy.

A glock 34 with target sights is a whole lot easier to shoot than a glock 43.

Or I'll use this as an example, since you brought up rifles...

A Marlin 60 with a 16x optic is a whole lot easier to shoot than the same Marlin 60 without an optic.

I'm sure that Sig IS more precise in the accuracy department, but it IS also easier to shoot than a M&P 9.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    You are confusing "shootability" with accuracy.

A glock 34 with target sights is a whole lot easier to shoot than a glock 43.

Or I'll use this as an example, since you brought up rifles...

A Marlin 60 with a 16x optic is a whole lot easier to shoot than the same Marlin 60 without an optic.

I'm sure that Sig IS more precise in the accuracy department, but it IS also easier to shoot than a M&P 9.

Accuracy would be the pistol and shootability would be the shooter. Some shoot sub 2" groups with a G19 at 25 yards and some shoot 16" groups with a G34.
    Anyone that thinks a Sig P210 is harder to shoot for groups at 25 yards than a M&P "Is Confused". A Glock 34 is easier to shoot than a G30 due to the longer sight radius but the G30 is a more accurate pistol.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'm gonna break down what you posted, because you are all over the place.

Accuracy would be the pistol and shootability would be the shooter.

Take a G34 a shoot a ten shot group. Then put a stock on it and shoot a ten shot group. They should be equally as accurate, but which one do you think is easier to shoot? I'm not talking about the shooter.

Anyone that thinks a Sig P210 is harder to shoot for groups at 25 yards than a M&P "Is Confused".

Where did I say that? You're the one who is confused.

A Glock 34 is easier to shoot than a G30 due to the longer sight radius but the G30 is a more accurate pistol.

And you just proved my point.

You can't compare your wet dream Sig to a M&P 9, because the Sig is more "shootable."

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    All my guns shot better than I do. But my best shooting, more accurate guns make me shine. {ie} they make up bad shooting

01coltcolt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Bossier City
    Not everybody can shoot a handgun accurately. It takes practice, and you have to find the technique that works best for you. While I would consider myself an exceptional rifleman, my handgun skills where lacking for years. It took me 6 times to get a Expert marksmanship badge in the military with the Berretta M9. But I shot a 39 out of 40 with the M-16 in basic training. That being said the two handguns that I did shoot really well where the Colt Gold Cup National Match my dad gave me and the HK P7 I bought some years ago. Both extremely accurate pistols.

gunslinger

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    North shore
    A review of the Les Baer 1911 Premier II has to begin with the concept of a custom handgun. Unlike many gunsmiths, Les Baer has found a way to provide custom precision in a production system. This is achieved by treating each individual handgun separately; they are built, not assembled. From the frame up, each part is fitted precisely to that gun, each given a matching serial number. At each stage, gunsmiths who specialize in the 1911 platform fit and tune each part to that particular frame. In fact, each pistol comes with a DVD that shows the production methods used. The result is a 1911 hand gun that is guaranteed to shoot 3″ groups at 50 yards. An upgrade for a 1.5″ guarantee is also available. O yeah lots of trigger time .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom