Address on drivers license has to current at Cabela's?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If a customer was filling out their 4473 and put down an address that was not on their ID, I called off the transfer altogether. No fixing the address allowed (no saying he wrote the wrong address either). Until they came back with freshly minted ID that matched the address they were putting down, they didn't get a transfer. Lying on my 4473 is a serious NO.

Not to mention that the ones that slipped by with the wrong (same) address on both the 4473 and ID got denied. :rofl:

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    This is nothing new guys. Happened to me once at Sports Unlimited...Sherwood and Old Hammond in Baton Rouge. Anybody remember them? Yeah, it's been that long ago.

Your drivers license is supposed to be updated if you change residence anyway. Buying a gun or not. Has anybody ever been pulled over for a traffic violation and had the LEO ask if the addy is current? (Raising hand)

Last edited:

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    My CHP has my PO box on it my DL has the stree numberes wrong( all numbers are there just not in the right order) never had a problem with getting a gun. i just have the wife buy it for me. i do have a lifetime Sportman gold card form Mississippi with the correct address on it.

Last edited:

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Right after I moved, I entered my new address on the 4473, and gave them my DL for verification. No one payed attention to the fact that they didn't match. They called me back a couple of days later and had me change the address to match the DL. Went back two weeks later to purchase another item, and used the address on the DL (old address). Nobody said anything.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    My CHP has my PO box on it my DL has the stree numberes wrong( all numbers are there just not in the right order) never had a problem with getting a gun. i just have the wife buy it for me. i do have a lifetime Sportman gold card form Mississippi with the correct address on it.

Straw purchase much?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Thought it's only a straw purchase if you purchase a gun for a person that cannot legally purchase one for themselves, ie felon.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Thought it's only a straw purchase if you purchase a gun for a person that cannot legally purchase one for themselves, ie felon.

"Are you the axtual purchaser"..... the answer is no. If she checks yes, she committed a felony, especially since you just publically posted that you have her always do it because you know you ID is invalid.

whodat247

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Mandeville
    I've never been to a gun store where they would sell anyone a firearm if their address on their license wasn't current. Cabela's, Academy, Arm's Merchant, Optimum Outfitters. Just write down your old address and be done with it.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA

Why haven't you gotten this corrected? You just admitted to having your wife commit felonies on your behalf.

whodat247

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Mandeville
    Wait, what? I thought it was kosher to buy a family member a firearm as a gift.

Buying a firearm for anyone other than yourself is a felony.

a9pmyc.png

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Buying a firearm for anyone other than yourself is a felony.

You can buy a firearm for yourself, then give it as a gift. That is fine.

The OP stated he intentionally had someone purchase a firearm that was initially intended for himself, specifically because he knew he would not get it based on the invalidity of his ID. That is not OK.

The gift thing is a fine line detailed by semantics. That is why places like Academy have a company policy that they will not complete the sell of there is any talk about gifts or other people.

Legally you can buy as a gift.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    You can buy a firearm for yourself, then give it as a gift. That is fine.

The OP stated he intentionally had someone purchase a firearm that was initially intended for himself, specifically because he knew he would not get it based on the invalidity of his ID. That is not OK.

The gift thing is a fine line detailed by semantics. That is why places like Academy have a company policy that they will not complete the sell of there is any talk about gifts or other people.

Legally you can buy as a gift.

That's kinda where I was going with that in reference to the OP so he could revise/refine/edit his statement because surely he meant that she bought them as gifts for him and had nothing to do with the address on his DL. You see where I'm going... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alfred92
    Top Bottom