Advice From DHS: "If Attacked By A Shooter, Grab Some Some Scissors"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    That is just as bad as if you are being attacked hit your car alarm. How many people pay attention to car alarms when they go off? I keep my keys by my bed for a different reason, but a trusty Smith is closer.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Repost?
    But yeah, I'll grab a pair of scissors... Right after I shoot my last round and grow tired of pistol whipping the bastard

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I'm sure that most elementary schools only allow scissors with little round points instead of those potentially dangerous sharp pointy ones!!:dunno: You know, the kind the can poke your eye out!:noes:

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    That is just pure damn idiotic...those jackasses never cease to amaze me.

It's the government and they've had an ever-increasing sense of "superiority" for the last 50 years. They act as though they are the parents and we are the children, that must be spoken-down to, because we're just not as smart as they are... :puke:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    2nd comment nails it IMO;

Karonl6 12 hours ago
    The video is a great representation of how the DHS views the citizenry. Feeble, helpless, pathetic little children.

It's the government and they've had an ever-increasing sense of "superiority" for the last 50 years. They act as though they are the parents and we are the children, that must be spoken-down to, because we're just not as smart as they are... :puke:

Many people are! The federal government is perfectly comfortable treating people with this attitude because it seems to work so well for them. Hell, its hard not to treat your citizenry this way when they beg for it by their actions.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Honestly, I think many people need to see this video. There are lots of people out there who would not know how to react to any situation, much less something as stressful as their life being put in danger. obviously I'd prefer to have a firearm, but If I had nothing else, I may grab a pair of sissors if it is the most appropriate weapon at hand. It's much better than my fists, But many people would not think to do that, they will stand there freaking out, or run to the shooter trying to find out what's going on. This video wasen't made for us, just as a video about how to tie your shoes isen't for us, but I see the people who it was made for every day.

optimapro2

Feels like home!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Harahan, LA
    Honestly, I think many people need to see this video. There are lots of people out there who would not know how to react to any situation, much less something as stressful as their life being put in danger. obviously I'd prefer to have a firearm, but If I had nothing else, I may grab a pair of sissors if it is the most appropriate weapon at hand. It's much better than my fists, But many people would not think to do that, they will stand there freaking out, or run to the shooter trying to find out what's going on. This video wasen't made for us, just as a video about how to tie your shoes isen't for us, but I see the people who it was made for every day.

I totally agree! We are doing the training now at work and you wouldn't believe the number of people who wouldn't have thought to use improvised weapons as a last resort. When cornered with no way out you have to do something, as to do nothing you will just become another victim!

Top Bottom