Advice on competition sights for a Glock.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Craig8sm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Looking for some ideas on a competition sight set to replace my original glock sights. I've read a lot about the Warren fiber optic front with plain black rear. Seems to be what I'm after but curious if anyone has used them and what they think or any other suggestions for that matter.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Dawson or TTI plain black rear with fiber optic front are two more good options.

Craig8sm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks guys. As far as height of front sight, I see some website saying standard height is .215 for full size Glock pistols (fyi I'm shooting a glock 22), and other sites say the height is .225 or even .235.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Thanks guys. As far as height of front sight, I see some website saying standard height is .215 for full size Glock pistols (fyi I'm shooting a glock 22), and other sites say the height is .225 or even .235.

That would depend on the height of the rear sight on your pistol which should be approximately .015 taller than the front sight measured from the top of the slide if you drive the dot..
    If you prefer the 6 o clock bullseye hold add approximately .015 to the rear or subtract .015 from the front.

jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    For the TTI they only have 2 different fronts and one rear. The taller front (.235) was perfect on my gen 3 34. My gen 4 34 needed one even taller so I had to make a tiny shim to put under it. Works perfect now. The shorter one that comes standard is I believe .220 but I'm not positive. You really just have to play with them to get them to hit where you want it to. It can be frustrating.

Craig8sm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    That would depend on the height of the rear sight on your pistol which should be approximately .015 taller than the front sight measured from the top of the slide if you drive the dot..
    If you prefer the 6 o clock bullseye hold add approximately .015 to the rear or subtract .015 from the front.

For the TTI they only have 2 different fronts and one rear. The taller front (.235) was perfect on my gen 3 34. My gen 4 34 needed one even taller so I had to make a tiny shim to put under it. Works perfect now. The shorter one that comes standard is I believe .220 but I'm not positive. You really just have to play with them to get them to hit where you want it to. It can be frustrating.

Thanks. Well I'm definately the type of guy that would rather spend an afternoon at the range rather than at the work bench (if I had one, lol) . I think I'll find a quality smith or armoror in Baton Rouge and hire his services. lol, He'll have a nice little back log from me, Competition sights for GLock-22, XS Big Dot for M&P Shield, Gold bead for the 1911.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I have the 10-8 FO with black rear on a G19. I really like them, but wish I would have gone with the 0.100 front blade instead of the 0.115. I would just prefer a bit more light on the sides. I initially got the .215 height, but it was very 6 o'clock on my gun. I replaced it with the .250 and it's point of aim. (YMMV)

I chose the 10-8 as it has an extra piece of metal across the top of the FO rod in the middle instead of just on the ends. That may not make a difference, but it seemed more sturdy looking as far as protecting the rod. Even so, I have been thinking about trying the Warren sights on my 17. Have Ameriglo i dots now, but that FO front is sweet!

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Craig,

If you want to come by an take a look at some sights I've installed on a couple of mine, your more than welcome. Just need to know when your coming. I put some Dawson sights on a couple of G-34's and a set of Hiene sights on my G-22. It will give you some kind of idea as to whats out there.

Bryan
    Louisiana Gun
    12728 Jefferson Hwy.
    225-389-6077

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Craig8ism

You can do the sights. I am not a gunsmith by any means, but did my 10-8's myself and put XS Big dots on my wife's G42 this past week. XS even puts the tools in with the sight and has step by step instructions.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Does anyone have experience with these?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/23...rge-diameter-fiber-optic?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Like Chris, I'm looking for something more rugged than the standard fiber optic front.

I think a standard fiber optic front is pretty rugged. I use my gun far more than most. I'm not gentle on it. It's been dropped a few times as well. I leave a fiber in until it is covered in crap and doesn't shine as much. I've seen them break but the sight is still useable. It just has a hole where the glowing part was.

And I use the Sevignys on my Glocks. The TTI are probably my favorite but I didn't notice enough difference to justify switching to them. If I were just starting I'd go with those.

Craig8sm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Craig,

If you want to come by an take a look at some sights I've installed on a couple of mine, your more than welcome. Just need to know when your coming. I put some Dawson sights on a couple of G-34's and a set of Hiene sights on my G-22. It will give you some kind of idea as to whats out there.

Bryan
    Louisiana Gun
    12728 Jefferson Hwy.
    225-389-6077

That would be great. Are you in the shop tomorrow?

Top Bottom