Age to buy a lower/complete rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RouxGaRoux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    I just wanted to find out the age to purchase a lower receiver here in LA. I know its 18 in some states but what about here?
    Also, what about the age to purchase a complete AR?

RouxGaRoux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    18 to buy/own a rifle/shotgun.

21+ for handguns.

I know that, however, is it true that some stores don't allow the sale of rifles or shotguns with pistol grips to be sold to someone under 21?
    I'm looking to purchasing a lower receiver online and have it shipped to an ffl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I know that, however, is it true that some stores don't allow the sale of rifles or shotguns with pistol grips to be sold to someone under 21?
    I'm looking to purchasing a lower receiver online and have it shipped to an ffl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your profile says you are 44...what's the problem?

Stores can refuse a sale for whatever reason they want. Legally, an item is either a pistol or a long gun. If its a long gun, you can legally buy it at 18. That doesn't mean the store has to sell it to you. It doesn't matter if it is a pistol grip.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Well not exactly correct, there is a place on the form for "other" which is meant for receivers. You must be 21 years of age to purchase these since they can be built into a pistol. We have added stocks to receivers so they came in as stripped receivers and left as rifles.

Bryan
    Louisiana Gun

RouxGaRoux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    Well not exactly correct, there is a place on the form for "other" which is meant for receivers. You must be 21 years of age to purchase these since they can be built into a pistol. We have added stocks to receivers so they came in as stripped receivers and left as rifles.

Bryan
    Louisiana Gun
    So if I purchase a complete lower receiver with a stock already built on from say Spikes Tactical, I'm good to do so at 18?

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Once made into a rifle, always a rifle. You cannot then turn it into a pistol. But, yep you can put a stock on a receiver and then it is a rifle.

Bryan

Top Bottom