Air rifle suggestions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I remember, once when I was a kid I shot a bird with my Crossman pump after I had pumped it up 64 times...it was a "10 pump max" so maybe the next 54 pumps were redundant...but all that I ever found of that bird was the trail of feathers that blew about 20 feet away from where I shot it.

My muzzle was about 3ft away from the bird.:rofl:

Doug

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Lake Charles, LA
    I have dispatched squirrels in my neighborhood back yard with a cheapie 22 rifle with CB shorts which are actually much quieter than my Sheridan Silver Streak.

NutriaKiller

Certified Rat Killa
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    +1 on Benjamin Air Rifles
    My Benjamin .22 was handed down to me from my brother, who in turn got it from my father. It still sits in my closet for when the pegions come to town :)

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Century sells Polish pellet guns to anyone (no FFL required) for about $20 each. They're spring-driven instead of compressed air driven. I bought seven of them.

my-rifle added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

I remember, once when I was a kid I shot a bird with my Crossman pump after I had pumped it up 64 times...it was a "10 pump max" so maybe the next 54 pumps were redundant...but all that I ever found of that bird was the trail of feathers that blew about 20 feet away from where I shot it.

My muzzle was about 3ft away from the bird.:rofl:

Oh God! That's hilarious.

Last edited:

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Air rifle - impulse buy

Got a wild hair for a pellet gun, something I've never owned. (I blame this thread for starting me thinking about it.) :mad:

Anyway, I started reading about the Gamos, some of which are available at Wal-Mart for $149. While there, I saw the Crosman Storm XT and then did some research.

Here's the gun: http://www.crosman.com/site/listing/1342

And a couple of review pages:
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews114230.html
    http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/5913352/reviews.htm

The reviews are overwhelmingly positive.

Hardwood stock, 1000FPS, all steel, with a 3-9 x 32 scope. Pretty much the same specs as the Gamo, except a better scope and the price was $88.88!

I'm on a tight budget, and couldn't resist. I picked one up tonight at Wal-Mart, along with some 9mm WWB. Also got some bargain-priced .38 Special WWB that I'm thinking they've had on the shelf since before the latest price jump. (50 rounds for $10.98, and right next to it were the 100-round boxes of the same stuff for $29.88. Go figure.) I bought the only 2 boxes of 50 they had left.

I plan to sight in the Crosman soon. Supposedly folks are getting groups well <1" at 30-50 yards. One guy said he drilled a ground squirrel through and through the head at 100 yards, and many others have made similar claims. If true, the gun is accurate and very powerful, and at less than a penny a shot, good cheap fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom