Airsoft Accident

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    A buddy of mine sent me this video, yesterday. Airsofters are notorious for being tacticool. I guess this Bro-Operator was too cool to check what was behind him.

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    Airsoft%20forum%20French%20version.jpg

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've never played airsoft before so please forgive my ignorance. But does that count as a hit for the other team?

Beats me, I've never played, but it looks like this one can be chalked up under the "situational awareness" category. Since it's airsoft, I laughed. If it was a Marine overseas, I'd be worried.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Operators operating operationally............ Nothing to see here. Just DevSocDeltaRangerRecon Battalion. Y'all just jealous. :mamoru:

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    I just watched some more of that guys videos. I don't seem to understand the concept of this airsoft stuff. Is this training for LEO and Military or is this just some kids playing dress up with toys? In his other videos they have what appear to be pretty legit uniforms and venues.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I just watched some more of that guys videos. I don't seem to understand the concept of this airsoft stuff. Is this training for LEO and Military or is this just some kids playing dress up with toys? In his other videos they have what appear to be pretty legit uniforms and venues.

I highlighted the partially correct answer. It's not always "kids". From what I've been told, grown men from 20-40 years old go "play" airsoft at the paintball field in Mandeville. I'd rather be putting rounds down range by myself than playing cobra commando with my elite operator tactical seal team friends in costumes.

slide4.jpg

Ya boy in front has a tactical fanny pack.

Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I highlighted the partially correct answer. It's not always "kids". From what I've been told, grown men from 20-40 years old go "play" airsoft at the paintball field in Mandeville. I'd rather be putting rounds down range by myself than playing cobra commando with my elite operator tactical seal team friends in costumes.

I can understand playing paintball, even though I have never played. My son enjoys playing at paintball command. But I can't see the fun in shooting a a small plastic BB at someone. How do you know if you hit your target? At least with paintball you see a splat.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I just watched some of this video from the same guy: [video]https://youtu.be/3qgqT_9pr-Q[/video]

Still don't get it. I could understand if this was training for some agency or department, but to spend all that money on that gear and stuff just to play weekend commando doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather spend the money on getting some training with real firearms. To each his own I suppose.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    It's a bunch of stolen valor nutless, gutless, wannabees playing war/command because they don't have the balls or intestinal fortitude to do it for real. The fact that these Dbags wear patches bearing the Ranger Tab, EGA, SF tab and others I and so many others here and elsewhere sacrificed years of their life to EARN pisses me off exponentially more than the regular Dbag that just dress up and play war.

And Dave- that's actually real life kit- a Combat Lifesaver bag. Only a Marine 03 can rock that legit and make it look good!:D

slide4.jpg

Ya boy in front has a tactical fanny pack.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hey, I play Airsoft. I wear camouflage. I don't wear any patches or full gear though. (There are people take Mil-Sim a bit too far)

I like shooting people with small plastic BBs because I can engage at much greater ranges than paintball (30yds vs 110yds). Hits are called on the honor system...if d-bags don't call hits then they get what's coming to them...pain. It's not quite like paintball in the fact that the BBs can break skin, the idea of calling your hits is to not wind up with chicken pox.

And to be honest, I could have built a very nice AR15 for what I put into my Airsoft M16. But I don't get the opportunity to have fun with real guns as much as I do toy guns. :rofl:

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I can understand playing paintball, even though I have never played. My son enjoys playing at paintball command. But I can't see the fun in shooting a a small plastic BB at someone. How do you know if you hit your target? At least with paintball you see a splat.

Hey, I play Airsoft. I wear camouflage. I don't wear any patches or full gear though. (There are people take Mil-Sim a bit too far)

I like shooting people with small plastic BBs because I can engage at much greater ranges than paintball (30yds vs 110yds). Hits are called on the honor system...if d-bags don't call hits then they get what's coming to them...pain. It's not quite like paintball in the fact that the BBs can break skin, the idea of calling your hits is to not wind up with chicken pox.

And to be honest, I could have built a very nice AR15 for what I put into my Airsoft M16. But I don't get the opportunity to have fun with real guns as much as I do toy guns. :rofl:

I should have clarified. When I said paintball, I meant this:

PSP-Photographers-GaryBaum_002.jpg

Not this:

40185_146929535323786_125822527434487_412747_4968772_n.jpg

I think all that Mil-Sim stuff is silly. I played in regional and national paintball tournaments (PSP & CFOA). I did that up until I was in my early 20's and realized getting an education is more important than some "game".

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    40185_146929535323786_125822527434487_412747_4968772_n.jpg

I think all that Mil-Sim stuff is silly. I played in regional and national paintball tournaments (PSP & CFOA). I did that up until I was in my early 20's and realized getting an education is more important than some "game".

No no, I play real Airsoft, not sissy HPA-airsoft. AEG or die! :mamoru:

Oh, I don't play much competitive stuff. I'm in it for fun.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom