Airsoft, or the real-Deal?: Soviet Surplus Site

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Ummmmmm...it says in huge letters right on the page you posted:

Guns and Gear for Soviet-Style Airsoft (Strike Ball and Paint Ball)
    If you are fond of airsoft, then Soviet-military.com surely has to offer something interesting for you, too. Everything necessary for Soviet-style airsoft is available for sale at Soviet-military.com online store. This includes magazines (mags), accessories, wood-plastic furniture, and, of course, such devices as ZIP AK, ZIP AKSU, ZIP SKS and more. So, if you are interested in Soviet-style (and not only!) airsoft, you’ve come to the right place, because anything you may need for airsoft you will find here, at Soviet-military.com online store’s Items for Airsoft catalogue.

Seems pretty clear to me... :o

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    the eBay vendors scream Airsoft in a lot of auctions so that the admin there won't take them down when they see that they deal with firearms. maybe that website is skirting some rules by doing the same thing. I mean, where does what appears to be actual AK parts go on an Airsoft gun?

599.jpg
    28.jpg

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    the eBay vendors scream Airsoft in a lot of auctions so that the admin there won't take them down when they see that they deal with firearms. maybe that website is skirting some rules by doing the same thing. I mean, where does what appears to be actual AK parts go on an Airsoft gun?

599.jpg
    28.jpg

Yup. My thinking exactly.

:D

mwk1975

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Jackson, La
    So I was looking thru the sight, unless airsoft is made in 7.62 and 5.45 calibers it looks like it may be a sleight of hand being played on "e" bay/what have you. Also saw magazines for a tokarev pistol, and i'm pretty sure airsoft doesn't make one of those. BTW $28 for bakelite magazines is about half of what I've seen other places......

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    Looks like they called it "Airsoft" to get past ebay or whoever. That's some real stuff there! And like mwk said, great price on mags!

I've suspected some lasers labeled as 5mw are actually >5mw, with a 5mw sticker added to make for easier importing - similar phenomena.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    I did a small "test" order. Shipping is priced by weight and jumps up quick. Still, if everything is legit I'm gonna clean that place out. :D

seems by making shipping prices higher for everything they're able to sell most of their goods at a lower price. like sort of a trick that pays for everything. if that makes any sense

the stuff im wanting to get is still lower priced even after the shipping is calculated

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    seems by making shipping prices higher for everything they're able to sell most of their goods at a lower price. like sort of a trick that pays for everything. if that makes any sense

the stuff im wanting to get is still lower priced even after the shipping is calculated

I think the **** is coming direct from Russia, which explains the shipping.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Update: got my packages yesterday, after a total of 16 days. Not too bad considering it came from Russia. I ordered a bakelite 47 mag, Russian handguard set, bakelite pistol grip and two slings. Everything was in pretty good shape, as good as expected for surplus. The metal on the slings has some rust which was a little disappointing but not unexpected for surplus stuff. He also threw in an extra sling (narrower than the standard slings, not sure what it's for), an extra pistol grip that is fairly beat up and an extra upper handguard.

All in all I'm happy with them and can verify they are legit. Just expect shipping to take two weeks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom