AK Pistols back in stock at J&G

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    The arms of the folder sit on the outside of the receiver and would cover the numbers. When opening and closing the stock would rub them off.

So, you're saying that the only reason you couldn't put an underfolder stock on this is because, when folded under, the arm would be over the S/N and for no other reason? I want to make sure I understand this because if that was the only reason, then that wouldn't stop me from doing it as long as, with the stock extended, the serial numbers were completely visible.
    I can see where the arm might rub a little, but I can't see how it would rub enough to wear through the engraved S/N.
    Am I missing something?

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I was looking at mine last night. I'll match a trunnion up to it later and see for myself. I don't like the ACE folding mech. Before I did that I'd just buy a new side folder receiver and do something else with the original one

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    They are not the same as the Romanian Draco. They are Yugo M92 Krinks being sold as pistols.

They are the same style but not the same. I have 3 real krinks and two of the PAP pistols here. The PAP's are nice, real nice but........... they don't feel the same. I don't think the quality is as good. The dust cover is a little flimsy feeling and the grip has a casting seam on it that wasn't taken care of. I'll give them a better look this evening.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR

While I can somewhat *understand* why this seems illegal, I want to do a little more research to know exactly why a legal relocation of the exact same serial number cannot happen.

I'm, of course, no lawyer but the statute I've read has, "...obliterate, remove, change, or alter this number..."

Since it's the exact same serial number and since they did not specify "relocation of number" in the statute then I find it worthwhile to at least writing a letter to the ATF.

EDIT: Found my answer. ATF letter saying it's a no-no here: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-gun-talk/78341-atf-ruling-sl8-g36-conversions.html

Going with Nomad's comment on a Form 1 request seems like the way to go. The question then is will the ATF require a complete destruction of the pistol to just parts before rebuilding it.

This post kinda cracked me up:
    Not saying you are wrong, but on the old Vollmer conversions they relocated the serial WITHOUT removing it. Basically two thin strips of metal were left intact leading to the serial number and then those thin strips were folded into layers to allow the "intact serial number" to be welded down in a higher location on the receiver.

Last edited:

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR
    I think I'm still optimistic on the sidefolder. Here's a pic of the serial number location:

57965-yugopapm72pvpistolkrinkovstylepistol762x39zastavaserbiamfg-s1.JPG

and here is the sidefolder rivet location:

img4834o.jpg

Last edited:

EricP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    OK, so I just got one of these from JG Sales, and I bought a Yugo Underfolder Kit

What do I have to do? I understand all the legal questions regarding SBR and serial number.

What I am asking is, what would be required to mount the Yugo Underfolder kit to the receiver? Is it just a matter of drilling, or do I need to replace the rear Trunion also?

Thanks so much. I have been shotting AKs for a long time but admit that other than a Saiga 12 pistol grip conversion, I am noob to making mods.

Top Bottom