AK suggestions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I have a couple c39v2's very nice I have the Midwest extended ss handguard on one and now the other wears magpul folding stock and moe forend, also have a couple norincos, I love my norincos, but I will say this the c39v2's quality accuracy and reliability is very good, and for an all American milled receiver they are great, but when it comes to ak's I max it out with a red dot on one of them, to me they just arnt "my scoped guns" other guns fit that role better for me, more less because of optics mount basically

image.jpgimage.jpg

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    as far as ak74 vs ak47, i would deff go with 47 (7.62x39) ammo every where, heck even walmart 20 for $4.29.... and every web site I know has 7.62x39 in stock, and for a shtf, for " battle pick up" you are a lot more likely to find 556 or 7.62x39 or .308 not hardly any 5.45x39

Tanker

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Metairie, Louisana
    Thank you to everyone for the great suggestions! I'm now the proud owner of a used WASR 10 and a new RH 10. I'd just like to throw this out there: I was an "AR only guy", now I'm a "AR & AK guy". I'm not here to stir the never ending debate between AR and AK folks about accuracy, reliability, this is better, that's better, etc. - but I REALLY enjoy my AKs and admire their toughness, simplicity, and practicality. I also enjoy paying about .20/round for 7.62x39.
    I kept my longtime lady friend Ms AR, but I added 2 girlfriends from Romania. If you're new to AKs and want to get one, please do your research before jumping in. I started here and then did a bunch more reading before taking the plunge. My new ex-commie girlfriends won't win beauty contests, but they'll make it through the long haul. Keep shooting comrades!

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Aks are very fun to shoot, they have a very diff recoil compared to ar's, almost like a galloping horse, once you get the rythem they will rock and roll, and like you said there is somthing special about how crude and ugly they are, are they accurate, the worst of them are deff min of man at 200 yards, and they are deff like a timex

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GregGlockGreg
    Top Bottom