AK synthetic stock options

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I'm thinking of putting plastic furniture on my WASR-10, but I don't want to spend a bajillion bucks on the thing. I think the TAPCO folding stock seems pretty decent for under $40 bucks, but what I really am unsure about is the handguard/forend. These things get so damn hot that I burn myself pretty frequently on the wooden forend, so right now I have it wrapped in leather. I've read some reviews on some of the less expensive handguards, and some apparently are prone to melting during rapid fire. I like the look of the TAPCO galil style handguard, since there aren't those gaps where you can burn yourself through, but reviews on this (and on many other similar products) are mixed. So in bayoushooter's opinion, what is the best deal on an inexpensive polymer handguard that won't melt?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Please don't put Tapco on your rifle, especially the folding stock. I'd look for a used set of comblock or KVar poly furniture. The lower handguard has a metal heat shield.

Josh762

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    I'm no tapco hater. I dig their mags and think highly of the fixed stocks.
    The tapco folder (having held one at Lafayette shooters) but never fired one, looks like a recipe for fail.
    The hinge is no good for a fighting gun.

For polymer forends, I love the Hogue. Nice rubbery grip and a metal heat shield in the lower forend.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Please don't put Tapco on your rifle, especially the folding stock. I'd look for a used set of comblock or KVar poly furniture. The lower handguard has a metal heat shield.

What he said. Make sure your rifle is 922r compliant with an all foreign furniture set if you intend to use foreign made magazines. Using the K-var US made set will eliminate that problem and they also offer NATO length stocks if you prefer a longer LOP.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/Stock-Sets/

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I have a choate set on one of mine and it is by far the best shooting one I have ever handled. May not be as cool looking as some of the tacticool stuff though.

Top Bottom