All i can say is wow and wtf????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    LRS 14:95.2. Carrying a firearm, or dangerous weapon, by a student or nonstudent on school property, at school-sponsored functions or firearm-free zone

(5) Any constitutionally protected activity which cannot be regulated by the state, such as a firearm contained entirely within a motor vehicle.

You are allowed to bring a weapon on a school campus as long as it stays in your vehicle. Don't let going to your childrens school keep you from carrying. Just lock it up in your vehicle before you got out.

This.

girl1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    Wow lol for the one who said they like to hear his side by almeans do so ... u can hear it along with the 911 tape with him screaming yelling and hitting my window... As for as could I go ? No red light and on the phone with 911 and doing what they tell me to do.... And ahhhh last but not least the famous why did I grab for my gun?? Well did I have any intention to use it? Not at all but did I want to have it available for the split second decision?? Hell yes... Kinda like the old saying what's the point if an empty gun?? Why have if It in a dangerous situation.. I have no clue who this guy is all I knew was he wasn't happy ... Why take the chance?????

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Some times I think road rage is directly related to the driver having a very bad day....and they tend to vent on other drivers around them. They are wrong and should take a deep breath.

I had a similar situation many years ago....on Interstate 10. I was in morning rush hour traffic on I-10 by the train underpass near the cemeteries in N.O....coming from Metairie. Long story short.....some old bastard actually intentionally rammed my rear bumper. We both pulled over and his explanation was that I would not get out of his way. Wowww......I was kind of stunned with that explanation....because there were cars in front of me...I was keeping up with traffic....yet for some reason...he felt he should be able to be in front of me.
    In any case....I think he did realize his error in judgement once I threatened to sue the crap out of him. I then felt sorry for him....he was pretty old. We went our separate ways. The guy was harmless....he was an ass...but still harmless.I also agree that sometimes having a gun and thinking one needs to use it can be a double edged sword. Its best to avoid confrontations when ever possible IMO.

FWIW....I was in an old 240 series Volvo.....great rear bumper which absorbed all of the impact with zero damage.

Abh3vol.firemen

unskilled labor expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    houma,la
    well when i went to the nawlins air show a few years ago i left my gun at home.as far as i know i can't bring a gun on base.so what do you do in that case?find a place off base,park,then walk on base?

4sooth

enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    We had a similar incident here when I was a reserve. An argument over a parking spot in K-Mart's parking lot almost got a newcomer killed. The aggressor was from New York city. Big, loud, profane, used to using intimidation and muscle to have his way. He wanted a particular parking spot--the local guy was already in it. He told the local to move because he was going to park there--the local declined. So--the big guy yanked open the door to the local's car and leaned in to pull him out and thump on him. The next instant he was staring down the barrel of a Smith and Wesson 686. When we got there the big guy was so shook he was almost unable to talk. After he calmed down he wanted the local arrested on a "gun charge". We explained that if the local pushed the issue HE was going to jail for assault, burglary, and disturbing the peace. He was livid. "He has a gun." Perfectly okay here sir. Once we got the whole thing sorted out it seemed that in his world whoever was the toughest got the parking place--literally--so he was used to using intimidation or worse to get what he wanted. The local let it slide.

Butrbal

Rok Out Whit Ya Glock Out
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Prairieville
    I always struggle with the concept of "brandishing" a weapon. Sure, if the OP here had her gun with her, and raised the weapon and pointed it at the BG, no question there. However, if one is simply holding the weapon at your side but in sight of the BG, not pointed at him(?), or what about a scenario where the weapon is laying on the front seat or console, not in the OP's grasp but in clear view of the BG? Is the main point that the weapon is or is not in your hand at the moment?
    I am very interested to know the answer to this?

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    This discussion should get a lot of us thinking about what is the "Smart and Prudent" action if this situation should ever occur to them........Not, what you say you would do. Since "we" weren't there and were not first hand to what occurred, it is difficult to say. I personally have not been in a situation where I would have unholstered my weapon and sincerely hope it never does get to that point. But, in todays world, that is becoming an increasing chance of occurring. Once you display or draw your weapon, you have committed yourself to use it to stop the aggression which will have consequences along with that decision. Something to think about now, before that time should it ever present itself.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Depending on the DA, the charges (if the police decide to allow you to press) might be thrown out due to the fact that you waited several days to try and press them. Im not saying that it is for sure, just be prepared for that if it happens.

girl1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    Depending on the DA, the charges (if the police decide to allow you to press) might be thrown out due to the fact that you waited several days to try and press them. Im not saying that it is for sure, just be prepared for that if it happens.

due to the facxt that i was upset and a little concerned that he might have my plate number or what ever I was informed by the police officer i didnt have to make a decision at that moment and he suggested i go home and talk to my husband and that i had a year and a day to press charges and if i did they would sign an arrest warrant because what he did was assault.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    due to the facxt that i was upset and a little concerned that he might have my plate number or what ever I was informed by the police officer i didnt have to make a decision at that moment and he suggested i go home and talk to my husband and that i had a year and a day to press charges and if i did they would sign an arrest warrant because what he did was assault.

For a variety of reasons I opted not to press charges in my case. The officer didn't necessarily agree. Or rather he didn't tell me he wouldn't press charges either. But he did explain that he understood that I was in a tight spot. And if something else occurred with this individual, my report would be available guaranteed for a year. Not that I could press charges a year later. Just if I needed evidence in the event I was further harassed.

Perhaps that is what he meant?

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Easy there tiger. Was just making an observation. Yes. By the letter of the law, you have a year and a day to press charges. The DA can pass judgement on how they see fit, and waiting could reflect that decision.

girl1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    For a variety of reasons I opted not to press charges in my case. The officer didn't necessarily agree. Or rather he didn't tell me he wouldn't press charges either. But he did explain that he understood that I was in a tight spot. And if something else occurred with this individual, my report would be available guaranteed for a year. Not that I could press charges a year later. Just if I needed evidence in the event I was further harassed.

Perhaps that is what he meant?

no he said i had a 1 year and 1 day to press charges on him....... it was called statue of limitations... and it didnt matter when i pressed charges that the same effect would happen ....

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I wish I could press charges.

Not always does it end so simply as the above tales.

I was getting of I-12 west at Denham to grab Canes after driving home from NY.
    Some asshat passes me on the shoulder as I am exiting.

I honk.

He cuts me off, almost hitting my bumper, and stops his truck directly in front of me.

I was forced to stop. I didn't have my gun because I just drive back from NY.

He gets out of the car screaming he was going to kill me. As I was contemplating running the psycho over I was hit from behind by an 18-wheeler and thrown 90 feet from a dead stop.

I came to in a second or so. My wife's arm had some damage and my six month old son was screaming bloody murder.

If any of you were the prickwad driving the silver Dodge, I hope you die of colon cancer and your wife gets aids while being gangbanged.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    I always struggle with the concept of "brandishing" a weapon. Sure, if the OP here had her gun with her, and raised the weapon and pointed it at the BG, no question there. However, if one is simply holding the weapon at your side but in sight of the BG, not pointed at him(?), or what about a scenario where the weapon is laying on the front seat or console, not in the OP's grasp but in clear view of the BG? Is the main point that the weapon is or is not in your hand at the moment?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/brandish

1: to shake or wave (as a weapon) menacingly

2: to exhibit in an ostentatious or aggressive manner

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Same sorta thing happened to me one time... I was young and shot all my ammo for my pistol on a hunting trip..... Needless to say he was starring down the bbl of a .308..... I never went without 3 mags loaded for and of my handguns after that.

It's a bad feeling! Glad your ok

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/brandish

1: to shake or wave (as a weapon) menacingly

2: to exhibit in an ostentatious or aggressive manner

I could be, and often am, wrong. But I don't think District Court judges in Louisiana rely a lot on Merriam Webster definitions.

In Louisiana, brandishing is covered under our "Negligent Carry" statute. R.S. 40:1382

§1382. Negligent carrying of a concealed handgun

A. Negligent carrying of a concealed handgun is the intentional or criminally negligent carrying by any person, whether or not authorized or licensed to carry or possess a concealed handgun, under the following circumstances:

(1) When it is foreseeable that the handgun may discharge, or when others are placed in reasonable apprehension that the handgun may discharge.

(2) When the handgun is being carried, brandished, or displayed under circumstances that create a reasonable apprehension on the part of members of the public or a law enforcement official that a crime is being committed or is about to be committed.

B. It shall be within the discretion of the law enforcement officer to issue a summons to a person accused of committing this offense in lieu of making a physical arrest. The seizure of the handgun pending resolution of the offense shall only be discretionary in the instance where the law enforcement officer issues a summons to the person accused. If the law enforcement officer makes a physical arrest of the person accused, the handgun and the person's license to carry such handgun shall be seized.

C. Whoever commits the offense of negligent carrying of a concealed handgun shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars, or imprisoned without hard labor for not more than six months, or both. The adjudicating judge may also order the forfeiture of the handgun and may suspend or revoke any permit or license authorizing the carrying of the handgun.

Acts 1996, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 4, §1, eff. April 19, 1996.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom