Almost ready to go fishing, boat rebuild progress.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Picked up this boat couple months ago and have been working on patching it up and getting it ready for fishing this spring/summer. Here's some of my before/progress photos

Before:

IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2342.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

Progress:

IMG_2377.jpg

IMG_24151.jpg

IMG_24241.jpg

IMG_24311-1.jpg

IMG_24321.jpg

IMG_24351.jpg

Almost finished. Just a couple of more weekends... maybe. Tired of working on it and about to start fishing. :cool:

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Man, awesome job, but seriously, moneywise, have you saved enough considering the amount of work you've had to do vs. buying one in better shape?

Ehh.... I'd have to sit down and figure up how much I spent. I'm sure I have $2000 - $3000 invested between the repairs, parts and the cost of the rig, not counting my labor. Most boats for that price are basic Jon Boats with tiller motors. So at least when I'm done I'm sure I'll get most of my money back out of it either in longevity or selling.

However, I am looking forward to owning this boat until the hull peels like a banana and the motor blows. :D

If the motor stays strong I am going to replace the hull in 2 - 3 years and then replace the motor whenever it fails or whenever the gov't forces sportsman to start using 4 cycle outboards.

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Right on. I wasn't trying to be a Negative Nancy, I just know when you mention the word "boat" the cost of parts alone goes through the roof (the reason I don't own one anymore). It certainly looks like you've done a great job.

Best of luck!

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Right on. I wasn't trying to be a Negative Nancy, I just know when you mention the word "boat" the cost of parts alone goes through the roof (the reason I don't own one anymore). It certainly looks like you've done a great job.

Best of luck!

nothing negative taken... (you sound like my wife...):mamoru:

Thanks for the kind words. :cool:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    wonderful work.. I wish I was handy like that...

when they start computerizing them where you have to use a pc to check on the boat , not just the motor.. I might be able to work on them.. :)

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Shot of the boat heading out for it's first fishing trip. Still got some tuning to do on the motor but going to let a competent mechanic do that.

922facde.jpg

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Nice work.

Real nice job on the metalwork and paintwork. Looks new to me. Good luck fishing!

Thanks

Nice job there ... catch any fish yesterday?

Actually, we caught about 30 to 35 fish and found a nice sacalait hole. Only problem is that everything was about 4 to 6 inches in length. It's like the canal was a nursery or something. We caught one of every kind of fish (micro-sized), bream, chinquapin, sacalait, goggle-eye, catfish and bass. Saw gars and a mullet. Just about the only thing we didn't catch was a choupic. :D

Top Bottom