Alton Sterling shooting. Does the store owner have a case?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I am actually surprised by this perceived arrangement regardless of the clientele. When playing the middle ground in many separate conversations with both blacks and Arabs, I find they REALLY have some hatred and general mistrust of each other.

This world is really mixed up! Someone should create a flow chart of international and cultural hate based on race, ethnicity, and religion; just like those mafia flow charts they used in the 80's. I bet that would be a hoot! :p

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Did the cops have a warrant to seize the guys videos? Anyone know the answer? I've heard people bitching about this multiple times today.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Did the cops have a warrant to seize the guys videos? Anyone know the answer? I've heard people bitching about this multiple times today.

Only thing I've seen so far is, yes they got a warrant, but the warrant came a few days after the video was taken

Last edited:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA

Yes, there was a warrant before they touched anything. Dindu Nuffins is doing what he does.

I can't comment on the reason for the rush seizure and separation of the owner from his property as a result of anything he may have done or said.

Last edited:

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Yes, there was a warrant before they touched anything. Dindu Nuffins is doing what he does.

I can't comment on the reason for the rush seizure and separation of the owner from his property as a result of anything he may have done or said.

Do you have evidence there was a signed warrant before they seized property? Because that directly contradicts what the reports are claiming, that the warrant was not filed until several days after the seizure.

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Do you have evidence there was a signed warrant before they seized property? Because that directly contradicts what the reports are claiming, that the warrant was not filed until several days after the seizure.

There's a big difference between having a valid, signed search warrant and having it filed into record as having been executed.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    There's a big difference between having a valid, signed search warrant and having it filed into record as having been executed.

Ok, these are the things I don't have any experience with. Thanks for clarifying. So the warrant was signed and a lawful seizure was performed. Sounds like he doesn't have a case then?

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ok, these are the things I don't have any experience with. Thanks for clarifying. So the warrant was signed and a lawful seizure was performed. Sounds like he doesn't have a case then?

He shouldn't, but the political climate is really messed up around here so he might get lucky and have something illegal happen in court.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    He shouldn't, but the political climate is really messed up around here so he might get lucky and have something illegal happen in court.

Will this affect the Alton case? I wouldn't be surprised if a settlement was made, but I'm sure the store owner will donate all the proceeds to Altons go-fund me...

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    The part I find most interesting is that the first time I saw the video he shot was from one of the local stations that claimed the owner had sent them the video first because he believed them to be honest in their reporting and he had not shown the video to the authorities yet but was sending a copy to the DOJ and the FBI because he didn't trust the local police department with it. If they took his phone right then and there, did he not think they had already gotten the video off of it?

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    The dirtbag store owner is just playing CYA games so his store doesnt get burned to the ground. I saw somewhere that in a case like this it is a common thing to get a warrant signed immediately to secure the evidence before anyone can tamper with it but it can then take a few days for it to be officially entered into the record. No big cover up just SOP. I really do hope the PD dotted the Is and crossed all the Ts on this one.

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    The dirtbag store owner is just playing CYA games so his store doesnt get burned to the ground. I saw somewhere that in a case like this it is a common thing to get a warrant signed immediately to secure the evidence before anyone can tamper with it but it can then take a few days for it to be officially entered into the record. No big cover up just SOP. I really do hope the PD dotted the Is and crossed all the Ts on this one.

^^^THIS^^^
    that store owner is going to do anything and everything he can to show support for the "protesters"
    so his store don't get looted and burned down...I'm sure he already "donated" everything in his store to the "protesters" as well..

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    ^^^THIS^^^
    that store owner is going to do anything and everything he can to show support for the "protesters"
    so his store don't get looted and burned down...I'm sure he already "donated" everything in his store to the "protesters" as well..

My "urban" birdie told me they are stealing the store blind! He went on to say the same 30 people show up every night around 6:30 in vehicles with out of town plates, and it turns into a party by 9:00 when the locals start gathering. A lot of drinking! And pissing in people's yards.

The cops drive by but don't even slow down.

Top Bottom