American Guns or Red Jacket show?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    That about sums it up for me too. If they would just show the guns and the builds and leave out all of the acting/reality on both of them they would be better shows.

the thing is that Americans like drama, so either there is drama acting with the customer, salesmen, management or there is drama with the shop guys building the products... like American Chopper, there was little footage on the customer except after the build, because the main focus was shop drama.. it's Discovery's way of slanting the focus of a reality show from the product to the personality or company.. it seems as though they did a survey, and more people preferred to know more about the company and how it operates, than the actual product they are selling... Monster Garage was the opposite of this, a lot of the time they were building cars because they wanted a challenge for a car show or competition but the audience only really knew Jesse James, and the other workers were rotated out each week.. when people see the endgame, they tend to drop off..

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    Sons of Guns!

Why?..........Because their in a locale that I want to be in. And I support most things from LA, GAT bullets, Bayou Bullets, BayouShooter, ect.

I never knew much about RedJacket, but before SoG aired, I read a post about BS members talking about cleaning their supressors and Will came on and gave instructions on how to mix a solvant to remove lead, that was very cool of him.

They featured an episode with Jerry Miculek(Greatest Shooter Ever!).........Enough said.

Last edited:

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    I think AG charged a guy 9000.00 for a supposed cannon they strapped on a side-by-side with some fence post clamps and the cannon had a pipe cap screwed on the back instead of a welded piece of billet steel.
    If they really did that and charged that guy that amount, he needs a check-up and AG needs to change their pricing!
    IMHO

It was 10 grand and it was a punt gun. The barrel was literally a 12 ft run of cast iron sewer pipe. I recognised it instantly when I saw it. They even had a plumber come out with a pipe threader to screw the cap on.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    If I want to watch gun shows, I watch the outdoor channel. The above shows aren't about guns as much as they are about ratings and drama and love stories, stories of betrayal, ect.......

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Neither. Nothing against the companies; I just can't stand reality TV. History and Discovery used to be my go to channels, but their paradigm shift toward reality TV has made me look elsewhere.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I like them both. Gun shows that wife can somewhat get into. I don't care for all that drama stuff but show me a nice gun and like a kid finding something shiney.. OOOOOO Shiney. The owner on the AG show seems like a real goober and the people on SOG are better to watch. Thats fat guy on AG disgust me.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Something I did notice that irked me when I TRIED watching AG was that Rich OCs...what looks like a fine gun that has probably never been fired. I mean, sure, carry in your gun shop, I'm sure the guys on SoG carry, too, but they're not so pompous to do it openly. That bugged me more than anything else about the show, TBH.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    This gun here??? 20 quatrillion dollars.

images

jauthement

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Houma, LA
    Ive seen both. If i were Rich, the fat guy wouldve been fired long ago purely on the principle that he doesnt listen and does whatever he wants regardless of what he was instructed to do. I watch SoG, but i could not care any less about Kris and Stephanie's relationship or about what Vince is doing. I wish both shows were just about the guns, but they wouldnt get the viewers and ratings they do if that were the case.

tas745

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Central, Louisiana
    Ive seen both. If i were Rich, the fat guy wouldve been fired long ago purely on the principle that he doesnt listen and does whatever he wants regardless of what he was instructed to do. I watch SoG, but i could not care any less about Kris and Stephanie's relationship or about what Vince is doing. I wish both shows were just about the guns, but they wouldnt get the viewers and ratings they do if that were the case.

Yes that fat guy would last about two seconds working for me

Lucky-13

Sgt at Arms
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Lol. Nicely done. That's awesome.

I don't care for a lot of the things on both the shows but I still watch them. It's like Kramer said show me a gun and I don't care what is going on in the background. I mute the show all the time and listen to music, searching guns on the laptop, or cleaning guns and lookup just to see if they are showing another gun to drool over.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Lol. Nicely done. That's awesome.

I don't care for a lot of the things on both the shows but I still watch them. It's like Kramer said show me a gun and I don't care what is going on in the background. I mute the show all the time and listen to music, searching guns on the laptop, or cleaning guns and lookup just to see if they are showing another gun to drool over.

That would be me...if I were single. My wife actually likes SoG for the Kris-Steph story, but I don't give a rat's arse about any of that. Either way, I have to watch the whole thing with volume or I won't watch it at all.

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles

I feel the same about SOG. I've actually started DVRing the episodes and just fast forwarding through the stupid drama parts. I know it's all fake anyway. These people are gunsmiths, not actors. And it shows.

Top Bottom