Amite IDPA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 0_down

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    umm - at my computer
    It's on the calendar. Some say it's suspended during summer. Some say it'll be steel instead of IDPA. Everyone refers to an email list that cannot be found - I've requested to be included, was told to go to the web site.

The web site has no info on IDPA but lots of maps though...

Does anyone know what is going on? It's a 2 hour drive, one way - I'd kinda like to know what I'm showing up for...

Is there any other IDPA in S. LA/BR area?

Thanks for any info - :confused:

JP

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    This is from the club president:
    As we discussed a year ago, May is the last month for IDPA matches due to the hot weather. With that being said, this coming Saturday, Tangi will hold a steel match instead. The usual static steel with 150 minimum round count . Since we will be shooting steel this weekend, I am planning a 3 gun match for the 2nd Sunday of June. Hopefully, many of you who showed a strong interest in this type of match will be able to attend. Once I have the stages worked out for the 3 gun match, I will update at that time with more specifics.

See ya Saturday,
    Hoov

FYI there is IDPA at Miculek's range in Princeton but I don't know when.

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    "As we discussed a year ago, May is the last month for IDPA matches due to the hot weather. With that being said, this coming Saturday, Tangi will hold a steel match instead. The usual static steel with 150 minimum round count . Since we will be shooting steel this weekend, I am planning a 3 gun match for the 2nd Sunday of June. Hopefully, many of you who showed a strong interest in this type of match will be able to attend. Once I have the stages worked out for the 3 gun match, I will update at that time with more specifics.

See ya Saturday,
    Hoov"

The above was send out by Alan Hoover Pres. of TPS Club in Amite City.

0_down

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    umm - at my computer
    Thanks, Guys,

I'm familiar with princeton, 4 hrs one way is a little far for a house match but I've shot LA State there several times - bought the T-shirts...

Still looking for IDPA in the south of LA or MS, will help start/build a club if any are interested and we can find a range - closest I've found is Southern @ Thibodeaux also ~2hrs one way... I'm :45 N of BR.

Any way I can get on Mr. Hoover's mail list?

JP

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    So if you shoot IDPA you get hot but if you shoot 3 gun or steel you do not get hot?

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    True... but that match is "outlaw" ... i.e., not sanctioned. They don't care if you use a cover garment or not. At every one I've been to there, I was one of the very few actually using a "cover garment".

Just saying'...

Truth.

I shot my carry pistol with X300 the last time-- definitely a no-go on the WML by the letter of the IDPA rulebook.

I shot from t-shirt concealment, though!

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Hammer down at 9 AM, so prior to that is registration and what not. There will be a new shooters meeting a few minutes before the match kicks off, so those of you making your first trip out will probably want to inform Hoov or Lightning (whoever signs you up) of that fact and keep your ears open for the announcement.

0_down

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    umm - at my computer
    :chuckles:

I believe the idea is that the cover garment for IDPA is the big factor, as steel, 3 gun and USPSA/IPSC matches do not require one.

Even IDPA only requires cover for the 20sec one is shooting a stage. Only nationally sanctioned matches require cover in hot summer, only while shooting. Usually house matches forgo the cover garment requirement for summer matches.

JP

Top Bottom