AmmoTo Go Hacked.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Did anyone else receive this e mail?

Dear Customers,

I am sending you this e-mail to inform you of a malicious hacker attack against AmmoToGo.com and to sincerely apologize to you for any inconvenience that it may have caused you. We believe it is our responsibility to inform you of this matter, so please read on.

AmmoToGo.com is a small business and we do our best to serve you, to run a reputable business, to support the shooting community, and to overcome challenges like this one.

Here are the highlights:

1. We do not sell any customer information, whatsoever.

2. Last week, another online ammunition retailer was approached by what appears to be a foreign hacker offering to sell the AmmoToGo.com customer/e-mail list, and that retailer kindly alerted us of this contact.

3. Our team immediately began investigating and confirmed yesterday that a portion of our customer/e-mail list was in fact breached and offered for sale.

4. Additionally, one of our customers reported late last night that they had received an e-mail from Target Sports USA to an e-mail address that had only been given to us (we can only deduce that Target Sports USA bought the list from the hacker and then began to abuse it).

5. In late August (for unrelated reasons), we re-launched our website on a far more secure and restricted platform that uses secure encryption, that is actively monitored against brute force attacks, that is protected by an intrusion prevention system, and that is pro-actively audited quarterly by a PCI compliance monitor.

6. As a precaution against precisely this kind of malicious hacker attack, we do not store credit card information and we have no reason to believe that any credit card information was stolen.

7. We are certain that FOID’s, driver’s licenses, or other government issued identification remained secure and were never accessed.

8. We have no reason to believe that any further attacks have occurred since late August, 2014 when we updated to our new secure database and we are now much better prepared to fend off any future attacks.

9. It is possible that the hacker obtained your AmmoToGo.com password. As a precaution, we recommend that you go here to change your password and if you have used the same password on another website, we recommend that you change it there also.

10. We are certain that many of our customers are unaffected by this attack and we sent this e-mail to only those customers that could be affected.

If you receive any unsolicited e-mails from other online ammunition retailers, please forward their e-mail to us at HackerAttack@AmmunitionToGo.com so that we can immediately investigate the matter and put an end to the SPAMing. Our team will work as long and as hard as necessary to fight back against the hacker and anyone else who buys and abuses the stolen information.

We look forward to re-earning your trust in the future and again apologize for this breach. If we find any additional information as our investigation develops, we will update this page with that information.

Scott

Customer Service Manager
    AmmoToGo.com

gotabyte

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Got one too also asking to change email. Just to be safe, never follow a link from an email to change your password. Go to the site directly.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    I received an email but I've never bought anything from Ammo to Go. I once visited the site but never bought anything. I DID, however, buy something on special from Target Sports so now wonder if that is what tied me into this?

1911arkain

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    NOLA
    I have not gotten an email, but then again I don't shop there. But I'm pretty sure I will start. I like the way they were forthcoming about what was going on and are still trying to get your email address away from those who might abuse it.

Saying they will try to re-earn your trust ans what they are trying to do to remedy the situation. Also because they don't store credit card info.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Got the email. Haven't bought from them in years though... Prices are always quite generous.

I've only bought from them a couple times. You can USUALLY beat their price.

I've had several encounters with them F2F, and that + orders I have no issue recommending them as a responsible, and good to deal with company. (IF you can find the right price!)

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Yeah I think they're definitely a good to go company. Often times they will have product that is harder to find, like HST or Ranger T, but you pay full price no doubt. Also I remember they would have good deals on ammo cans and AK mags from time to time.

Top Bottom