Another reason to keep your carry permit secret

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Just wow...

Was this just for thr concealed carry permit as stated in the article or is there more to it?

I'm really flipping happy I never got into the facebook crap...

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    The Principal and the School Police violated Federal Law when they discriminated against this mother because she had served. Where's the FBI. I, as a veteran, would be filing a complaint, were it me.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Just wow...

Was this just for thr concealed carry permit as stated in the article or is there more to it?

I'm really flipping happy I never got into the facebook crap...

Yeah, I think there is more to the story, especially considering they had a meeting about something before this took place.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Waiting to hear what 'else' is to the story. I hope there is :/

The only rational reason for the principal to behave like that is if the mom had made some kind of violent threat to the him.

I'm glad my 1st graders teacher is cool with my boy drawing guns and saying his favorite thing to do with grandpa is shooting :| Every year I wonder "Is this the year I get a completely anti-gun teacher that makes life hell for me and the boy?" because I just expect it, nowadays. :/

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I think the facebook stuff is besides the point. It doesn't matter how the principal found out. The fact is the principal found out, overreacted and overstepped their authority. When one of you gets overheard talking about guns and gets ostracized should my attitude be you should not have talked about it? The principal may have decided to use the gun thing as an I gotcha. If it is a threat is valid that is different. Now we are having LEO and MIL being treated as psychos by default by school staff. That is just wrong on a few levels.
    FWIW I don't do social media other than forums. I think many people put way too much personal info out there.

killerkarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    A little more info:

Principal Dallas says several PTO members pointed out instances where Mount would disrupt classes and where Mount said she wouldn't let anybody bother her daughter

The principal says with the rash of school shootings, coupled with Mount's comments and the permit, it was cause for alarm.

She adds "there have been a number of school shootings in our country. And inevitably, people will say they saw signs and things of that nature after the fact."

http://www.wjbf.com/story/23845263/richmond-county-mom-banned-from-childs-school

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    what does this mean?

Principal Dallas says several PTO members pointed out instances where Mount would disrupt classes and where Mount said she wouldn't let anybody bother her daughter

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    but what does it mean "wouldn't let anyone bother her daughter"....? How is that threatening behavior? Who would let someone bother their daughter?

weird

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I don't know, the only way it makes sense is if she was stopping teachers from instructing or disciplining he daughter. That doesn't guarantee any of this was handled logically.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Waiting to hear what 'else' is to the story. I hope there is :/

The only rational reason for the principal to behave like that is if the mom had made some kind of violent threat to the him.

I'm glad my 1st graders teacher is cool with my boy drawing guns and saying his favorite thing to do with grandpa is shooting :| Every year I wonder "Is this the year I get a completely anti-gun teacher that makes life hell for me and the boy?" because I just expect it, nowadays. :/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/11/daniel-zimmerman/ga-mom-banned-daughters-school-ccw-permit/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom