Another unarmed black man shot...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    What, you mean those 48 shot revolvers don't really exist! That must be why I've never seen one for sale at a gunshow.

But seriously, as a citizen I cannot shoot if the bad guy is disengaging and presents no immediate threat to myself or someone else. Then why should cops be allowed to shoot people in the back?

If you will read the new story, the officer was fired, arrested, and charged with murder.
    How is that being "allowed to shoot people in the back"?

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    What, you mean those 48 shot revolvers don't really exist! That must be why I've never seen one for sale at a gunshow.

But seriously, as a citizen I cannot shoot if the bad guy is disengaging and presents no immediate threat to myself or someone else. Then why should cops be allowed to shoot people in the back?

He was talking in general. My bad.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Who is advocating this?

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Why do you continue to type things you know nothing about? The taser was clearly deployed and can be seen on video, hitting a LEO in itself is not a felony, and your attempts at taking jabs at LE with the abuse of power, psych evaluations etc is getting really old. A quick look back at your previous post might cause one to believe you are paranoid and might need a psych evaluation.

From what I can see in the video the officer screwed up and is gonna pay for it. Unless something magical shows up he is screwed and rightly so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attempts at taking jabs at Law Enforcement? You must be reading a different post than mine or misinterpreting what I've said... there were NO jabs or negative comments towards LEO's. On the contrary, I'm saying that additional programs to help officers should be in place... additional training, additional support, etc. If Military members suffer from PTSD from their encounters with the enemy, Law Enforcement personnel are susceptible to stress disorders similar to this as well just from every day handling of duties when dealing with some of the citizens and criminals along with their every day and personal lives.

I didn't watch the video... my comments were made based on the previous posts regarding the video. I am not in a position to watch it at my current location. The Taser was not mentioned in the previous posts, so I assumed it had not been deployed. Perhaps I should have waiting until I watched the video rather than referring to the previous posts.

Your obvious jumping to conclusions, misinterpretation and paranoia from my previous post may indicate YOUR need for an evaluation my friend. As I said... there was no intended, indirectly or direct "Jabs" at any Law Enforcement official or entity. Sorry bud.

P.S. You're correct... simply hitting an officer is not a felony... However, if you punch a Law Enforcement officer in the face... you can INDEED be charged with felony assault on a police officer.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Why do you continue to type things you know nothing about? The taser was clearly deployed and can be seen on video, hitting a LEO in itself is not a felony, and your attempts at taking jabs at LE with the abuse of power, psych evaluations etc is getting really old. A quick look back at your previous post might cause one to believe you are paranoid and might need a psych evaluation.

From what I can see in the video the officer screwed up and is gonna pay for it. Unless something magical shows up he is screwed and rightly so.

If you will read the new story, the officer was fired, arrested, and charged with murder.
    How is that being "allowed to shoot people in the back"?

The debate should have ended with MOTOR51's post, but the dummies had to keep flapping their gums until Whitsend put it in simple English.

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    The debate should have ended with MOTOR51's post, but the dummies had to keep flapping their gums until Whitsend put it in simple English.

True... I still haven't had a chance to review the video... but I have read on multiple news outlets that he's been charged... not suspended, not put on administrative leave pending an investigation... he will get what's coming to him following his trial.

If we can do psychological profiles of criminals, why can't we do these on Law Enforcement? I mean, physicians, nurses, dentists, etc. have to take continuing education and training. Dealing with a high-stress job such as law enforcement would take it's toll on the badge wearer these days. It's not as simple as walking the beat, whistling, while you twirl a baton and have your 38 strapped to your side as you waive and say "Good Morning" to the residents of the neighborhood. Times have definitely changed and not for the better. That has to come into play when selecting, recruiting, training, etc. the Law Enforcement of today and extending into tomorrow.

That's not even to mention that everything... I mean EVERYTHING you do today is on video somewhere and somehow!

Last edited:

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Battery on a police officer is only a felony if the officer requires medical attention. Assault is attempting to commit a battery and is only a felony if a weapon is involved.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Too bad the citizen’s video doesn’t cover the beginning of the altercation. However it does appear show:
    1. The officer going back to where he fired the shots from and reach down to pick something up.
    2. The officer dropping something (the taser?) next to the suspect.
    3. The officer removing the magazine from his weapon and handling it with both hands then reinsert it in his weapon. Was he trying to add rounds to the mag?

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Too bad the citizen’s video doesn’t cover the beginning of the altercation. However it does appear show:
    1. The officer going back to where he fired the shots from and reach down to pick something up.
    2. The officer dropping something (the taser?) next to the suspect.
    3. The officer removing the magazine from his weapon and handling it with both hands then reinsert it in his weapon. Was he trying to add rounds to the mag?

I'm guessing the only questionable activity is #2? Maybe #1 depending on what it was?

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    True... I still haven't had a chance to review the video... but I have read on multiple news outlets that he's been charged... not suspended, not put on administrative leave pending an investigation... he will get what's coming to him following his trial.

If we can do psychological profiles of criminals, why can't we do these on Law Enforcement? I mean, physicians, nurses, dentists, etc. have to take continuing education and training. Dealing with a high-stress job such as law enforcement would take it's toll on the badge wearer these days. It's not as simple as walking the beat, whistling, while you twirl a baton and have your 38 strapped to your side as you waive and say "Good Morning" to the residents of the neighborhood. Times have definitely changed and not for the better. That has to come into play when selecting, recruiting, training, etc. the Law Enforcement of today and extending into tomorrow.

That's not even to mention that everything... I mean EVERYTHING you do today is on video somewhere and somehow!

Do you honestly not believe that LEOs are screened for psychological disorders, and that they don't receive continual education and training?

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Do you honestly not believe that LEOs are screened for psychological disorders, and that they don't receive continual education and training?

No, that's not what I said. I said that psyc screenings should reoccur more often and reviewed with a little more scrutiny. I have no doubt that they are performed... But with some that I've spoken to, they aren't done even annually in some departments.

With that being said, I'm not saying it's a bad thing at all. It should be more of a tool to HELP the officers instead of looked at like its a witch hunt.

Hell, some may not even be aware or want to admit that they're having a problem. The help and support should be there for anyone who serves in a such a high stress position. Will it catch some bad eggs? Of course... But I think it would benefit the ranks across the board.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

It's pointless. Everyone knows the job of law enforcement better that the law enforcement officer. This isn't something new :)

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    So just because he/she is suspected, not convicted of a crime, you are willing to allow the cops to be judge, jury, and executioner on the spot. I don’t think we want to give them that kind of power in our society.

Too many cops have the Wolf mentality, *He’s not going to get away, and I’m going to get him no matter what.* I know a cop that wrecked four cars (his patrol car plus three citizens cars) apprehending a suspect that stole a $15 (retail) shirt from Dillard’s. He continued the high speed pursuit through two cities and several school zones for a stolen shirt. Just a bit excessive in my opinion.

I used to think similarly. Now if it was up to me there are entire neighborhoods in Baton Rouge that would be incinerated along with the people inside them.

All this "cops shooting unarmed blacks" and the media spin over the past months has only made me want to donate ammo to the police department.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom