Any 3 gun comps in Louisiana or leagues

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Nothing in the area (BR) yet, there is something in the works!
    The closest is a match in Poplarville Ms the first Sunday of the month, then in Woolmarket (Biloxi) Ms the third Saturday of the month, it's about a two hour drive to both from BR

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    They had one that started up in St. Fran but he had to stop. I hope he can start it back up soon I'd like to give it a shot.

vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    There is plenty of interest in having 3-gun in the south Louisiana area, but the big problem is, none of the ranges want to host it. Most aren't really capable of hosting it, and the few that are capable don't want the liability. If anyone can locate a range or a property owner willing to host one and we could have a club going pretty quickly.

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    Why not at the Ascension Parish Sheriffs shooting range?
    There are a few other public events there every month.
    It would have to be a "smaller" scale than some 3 gun stages but it could easily be made to work.

vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    They have indicated in the past that they are not comfortable with folks running around with rifles. It might be possible to talk to them about some sort of 3-gun Nation man-on-man shoot off type thing, but a real 3-gun stage is going to be a tough sell.

vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Yep. A handgun round leaving the range won't go far. A rifle round leaving the range could reach houses beyond the property. It's unlikely to ever cause a problem, but if there's even a possibility, the Sheriff gets leery.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    It's their range they can be comfortable with whatever they want. I have asked some of the folks that want to hold a multi-gun match out there to approach the APSO about letting them put on a match at the facility. None want to make the first step. I'm working on the Palo-Alto folks trying to get something done. Someone else needs to step up and take this one on.

Beauxdog

daybreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    This is a huge bummer. I am thinking about moving back from souther california to Louisiana, but the lack of 3 gun is a definite con. How do we have multiple 3 gun matches here in SoCal and you guys don't have one? I just don't get it.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    Here are the places near Houston that has matches

CCC is the best and it's near College Station. I think their match is the 4th Sunday of month
    http://cccshootingcomplex.com/

The next 2 listed both use Impact Zone Range for their matches. It's North of Katy

Disssident Arms holds a all shotgun match on the first Sunday of month and a 3 gun match on 3rd Saturday
    https://www.facebook.com/dissidentarmsmultigun

WHIDPA holds a 3 gun match on 2nd Sat of month
    https://www.facebook.com/dissidentarmsmultigun

And this place is suppose to start monthly matches soon. I think they are aiming for 4th Sat of month
    http://tts-idpa.net/3gunnation.html

There's a place to has a match on first Sat of month. I'll need to find site but the range owner is a Jackass and it's a small range so it's barely worth it for me and I live 45 min away

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom